❁ 28 ❁

Today was it. Our plan would take place in the late afternoon.

Hyacinth had been pestering Angel for the entirety of the week. She wouldn't even let him sit with his friends anymore. Iris and Tulip would always ask me if they had said something to upset Angel because he wouldn't hang out with us anymore. It was honestly heartbreaking having to hear that but I just kept reassuring them that Angel was still our friend.

Poppy seemed rather quiet these days. She never really talked about her feelings for Angel anymore which worried me. I wondered if she was alright. However, every time I tried to bring it up, she would always change the subject. I simply told myself that when the time was right, she would tell me what was going on herself.

For now, the plan was the only thing that preoccupied my mind. If we did something wrong—one misstep—it could potentially lead to Angel being removed from the school, sending him back to stay with his mother.

Well, that was the worst-case scenario. I just kept a positive attitude as the day progressed.

"Camellia, we were gonna go study in the library, you coming?" Iris asked as everyone around us started to pack up their things for the end of the day.

"I think I'll meet up with you guys later, I have to take care of something first." I nervously chuckled.

I wasn't entirely sure how our plan was going to work out, but I needed to stay behind to make sure no one stayed in the classroom.

They both told me they would see me later and walked out. I kept myself busy by studying for almost an hour. Trigonometry was my worst subject at the moment and, if I was honest, I would give anything to take a pop quiz on the subject than to be here right now.

Everyone was gone, leaving me in the stillness of the empty classroom. It felt like an eternity until Hyacinth poked her head inside.

She waltzed in and stopped at Angel's desk. My heartbeat quickened. Hyacinth seemed to be looking for something and once she found it, her eyes fell onto mine. She snickered.

"What are you doing here?" I muttered, my gaze not leaving hers.

She danced her way to my desk and set down her things on another beside me. I specifically made sure she set her phone down along with them. "Angel forgot his book. Oops-" She covered her mouth with her hand. "You weren't supposed to know that," Hyacinth mocked.

I glared at her. "What? Do you 'accidentally' tell everyone Angel's secret or are you just that dumb?"

This made her furious. She slammed her hands onto my desk and leaned into my face. "You better watch your mouth, you whore, or you'll be sorry."

I pressed my lips firmly together and leaned away. Hyacinth laughed. "It's cute, how you care so much about him. It's like watching a sad, mindless puppy follow its owner."

Stay calm. This is part of the plan, just remember that.

She sat on top of the desk in front of me and stared at her nails. "Angel and I are meant to be together, you know. We're soulmates, it's so obvious. He's absolutely gorgeous and I'm a stunning beauty—everyone on campus tells me so."

I suppressed the urge to laugh. How deranged could a person be?! I wouldn't deny it, she was very pretty, but it was all so artificial.

"What more could a girl want in a guy?! He's perfect, simply perfect."

She sounded psychotic. Her words made my blood boil. Angel was anything but perfect, and that was okay. She was infatuated with him or more so, the idea of him.