❁ 32 ❁

It was already dark by the time we got to the hotel. Angel slept on the way there. I didn't sleep a wink because his head had fallen onto my shoulder. My heart felt like it would burst out of my chest at any moment. He smelled of roses.

As the bus came to a halt, all the girls groaned and yawned in equal exhaustion. The jolt woke Angel up and he immediately lifted his head from my shoulder, forcing himself to fully awaken. It made me a bit glum knowing that he would probably never be as close to me ever again.

Mrs. Aster promptly stood at the front of the bus and yelled in a hoarse voice, "All right girls, make sure you take all your things off the bus and wait for me in the lobby of the hotel!"

I gave a little shake of my head in order to fully gather my thoughts. Remembering Poppy was here, I turned around and whispered, "Poppy, you just stay by Magnolia. Try not to bring too much attention to yourself."

She nodded resolutely in response. We all made sure to sandwich Poppy in between us before passing by Mrs. Aster. I really couldn't believe this was working.

Once we were safely inside the hotel, Angel told Magnolia to pick up her room key so they could leave before everyone else got here. She complied and did what she was told, leading Poppy to their room.

Poppy glanced back at us before going into the elevator and we all gave her a thumbs up. Mission accomplished.

As soon as she disappeared behind the doors of the elevator, I took in the sight before me. The hotel was extremely elegant. White marbled floors and pillars greeted me, gold accents on the interior of the walls, and a replica of the Michelangelo paintings from the Sistene Chapel adorned the ceiling. It was breathtaking. This is where we'll be staying for the next two days? This is amazing.

I couldn't quit gawking at the whole spectacle. Tulip and Iris did the same.

"Close your mouth or you'll let flies in," Angel playfully whispered in my ear.

Startling me, I jumped away from him. He stifled a laugh. It seemed like he was back to his normal self--constantly causing my heart to oscillate. I rolled my eyes in pure amusement.

"Pretty great, huh? They decided to go all out this year," he informed me.

I nodded. "It's beautiful."

"I totally agree! This place is paradise!" Tulip gushed. She could hardly contain her excitement.

Iris couldn't help but agree. "I can't believe they would send us to this hotel! I looked it up online and it's ranked number one in the state!"

My eyes widened in disbelief as I quickly turned to look at Angel. He had a devious smirk sprawled across his face, which made me think this was all his doing.

A few minutes of fangirling later, Mrs. Aster appeared with the last few girls from the bus. Everyone settled down as she announced, "Alright! Now that we're here, I'm going to establish a few rules for you all. It's the same deal as the charity trip--curfew is at ten, sharp, no lollygagging in the hallways, no ruckus, and do not invite anyone you do not know into your room. Do I make myself clear?"

Everyone replied in unison, "Yes, Mrs. Aster."

"Good. Now the only thing that's different is who you'll be rooming with. The list is ordered by last names, when I say your name please step forward."

Oh no. That meant that I wouldn't be staying with Angel this time. Then was he rooming all by himself? All these thoughts began to swirl in my head and before I knew it, my name was called upon.