(9. Taser certification)

*Inspired by Season 2 Ep 15 What Do You Do

Jay had been really distant since the Gish incident. I didn't mind that he no longer was trying to lead me on the way he always had, but I also missed the banter between us, the way we would poke fun at each other and make work just a little less tense. On the other hand, Kelly and I had never been closer, spending so much time together we basically lived at each other's places, I had earned a new nickname from him, 'Bear' since he liked to tell me I was like his carebear.

"You all have taser certification today, not optional," Voight told everyone before going to his office and closing the door.

"I hate taser training," I spoke to Adam behind me at his desk.

"Yeah." He laughed. I turned and saw Jay and Erin giggling away at her desk.

"Antonio! Would you ever live in northern Wisconsin?" Erin asked him as he walked into the office.

I sighed annoyed and turned back to Adam so as not to hear their conversation.

I saw Adam pick up his phone. "Hey Darling it's me calling, so it's extremely slow here today, let's do that early lunch you were talking about, say the word, I'll meet you wherever." I raised my eyebrows up and down at him.

"What?" He asked me.

"You're so in love." I faked a swoon.

"Shut up. How about you and Severide huh?" He kicked my chair lightly causing me to roll back a little.

"We're friends that's all!" I clarified earing an unconvinced look from him.

As Adam said, it was a slow day at work, we didn't have an urgent case to pursue so we were all at our desks doing paperwork when the guy for the taser certification arrived.

"Everyone, give a warm intelligence welcome to Dan Jenkins, he's here to school us in the fine art of taser certification," Hank spoke as he walked up the stairs with Jenkins.

Everyone was told to gather around a foam mat for an explanation.

I went over to the front of my desk and sat down, Jay walked over and sat next to me, leaving little to no space between us.

My phone buzzed on my desk and Jay picked it up. I saw him glance at the text and let out a barely audible huff before handing it to me. I read the text

Kelly ❤️‍🔥: Hey Bear, wanna get lunch today?

I smiled as I looked down at my phone.

You: I'd love to, I have taser certification, not sure when I'll be done but I'll text you💖

Adam was chosen as a volunteer as continued explaining. "You wanna make contact with the torso, which is Shoulders, Pelvis, Abdomen, and Groin. S.P.A.G" He pointed at the spots on Adam's body.

"C, mon just get on with it alright" Adam started rushing Jenkins. His impatience growing thinner and thinner.

Soon enough Jenkins pressed the taser onto Adam's abdomen causing him to scream and collapse. I started laughing loudly next to Jay.