(26. Grandpa)

*Inspired by Chicago PD Season 4 Ep 3 All Cylinders Firing

My phone rang as I rushed into the bathroom trying to fix my hair for the 1000 time. "Babe can you please grab that." I hollered at Jay who was in the kitchen.

I heard the phone stop ringing. "Hey what's up? Alright, I'll let her know, she'll be down in a minute." I heard him hang up. "Trudy's downstairs." He told me.

"Ughhh!" I grunted at myself in the mirror mad that I couldn't get my baby hairs to cooperate with me resulting in me opting for leaving my hair down. "Alright." I patted my dress down, grabbed my dress, and walked out. "How do I look?" I asked Jay.  My phone kept dinging, Trudy was spamming me with texts hurrying me down.

"You look beautiful and I'm kinda jealous Will stole me because I would've loved to accompany you tonight

"You look beautiful and I'm kinda jealous Will stole me because I would've loved to accompany you tonight." He walked over to give me a kiss. My phone kept dinging so I silenced it annoyed at her ruining the moment.

"Thanks, Babe, I'll text you when I'm on my way home," I told him kissing him again before grabbing my phone and running out to meet Trudy.

____

I was in the kitchen helping Grandpa fix up the last few things. "Alright, the salad's ready, is there anything else you need help with?" I asked him after I set the bowl on the table.

"No that's all dear I'll just grab the wine." He walked over to the fridge. "Damn it." He sighed annoyed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I forgot to get the wine," he told me annoyed with himself.

"Dad! we need wine for dinner," Trudy commented.

"Oh don't worry about it Grandpa, I'll just run to the store and grab some," I told him grabbing my purse.

"No, you don't have to dear, I can drive." He tried to stop me.

"Grandpa, it's alright, you and Trudy start eating and I'll be back in no time," I told him, walking to the door.

I ran out and started speed walking to the store trying not to make too much time. I got to the nearest store but it was close. "Damn it!" I whispered annoyed to myself thinking about going back but I wanted Grandpa to feel like this dinner was perfect since we barely got to have family dinner together anymore.

I was walking back from the store after finally being able to find an open store and buying the wine when I started hearing an ambulance. I walked faster until I turned the corner and saw paramedics loading Trudy into the ambulance. I dropped the wine the glass breaking causing attention.

I started running towards the ambulance when someone stepped in front of me stopping me. "y/n! Where the hell were you? We've been calling you non-stop!" Adam was in front of me scolding me. I shoved past him wanting to get to Trudy but the ambulance doors had shut and it was already driving away.