(23.2. He's gone)

*Inspired by Season 3 Ep 14 The song of Gregory William Yates

Y/n pov:

I woke up on a really hard surface. I hopped up and immediately started looking at my surroundings. I was in some sort of abandoned house, just wood all around me. I inspected my body for any signs of injury but I didn't see nor feel anything. I patted myself down trying to find my phone, gun, or anything that could help me alert someone of my situation.

Yates, somehow he managed to get me here and there was no doubt he was somewhere around. I tried to carefully and quietly walk to the door of the room I was in but the floorboards were so old they creaked with every step I took.

"Going somewhere?" I heard Yates's voice from a hole in the wall leading to the room next door.

"Why d'you bring me here Yates?" I tried to sound as calm as possible

"Hmm, I see you didn't get my note." He smiled crawling through the whole to enter the room.

"So you've been planning this for a while huh? What is it exactly that you're planning to do?" I stayed firm, not showing any signs of fear.

"Well, I think you know." He laughed. "You know very well it was supposed to be you that day...but well that doesn't matter, I had fun then and I'll have fun now." His smile was replaced with a look of fury.

I grabbed a loose floorboard and threw it at his face knowing it wouldn't do much but would cause enough of a distraction for me to run out of the room.

I heard as he groaned angrily and began running after me. I tried my best to find a hiding spot but every inch of this house was filled with holes and every step I took echoed all throughout the house. I turned back for a second watching as Yates got closer.

Before I knew it I had stepped on a rotting floorboard and I was falling through what felt like 100 floors. I hit the floor hard winding me for a second, I looked up to see Yates running down fast. I tried to get up noticing I had cut my leg during the fall.

I quickly tied my belt around it before getting up and trying to limp away. Luckily the ground floor wasn't too creaky which was gonna make hiding easier. I found a dark room. I saw a couple of bricks on the corner of the room and reached over to grab one of them before hiding behind the doorway.

"y/n! Where are you?" I heard Yates chanting. I tried controlling my breathing while I stayed hidden. I heard him walking and then everything went silent.

I stayed quiet for a couple minutes but nothing. I took a deep breath before I moved slowly and quietly trying to peak through the door but just as I did I felt a blow and I was on the ground, Yates on top of me. The brick I was holding had fallen out of my hand.

"Get the hell off me!" I shouted kicking and punching trying to get Yates off me. He had a knife in his hands which slashed across my arms and legs. I was able to kick the knife away from him.

His hands though now had moved to my throat. I grabbed his hands trying to pry them off me, trying to get a breath in.

"I had other plans before this but I guess the order can change," Yates breathed, his face mere inches away from mine.

I looked to the side and noticed the brick I had dropped. He was so distracted tightening his grip around me trying to kill me so I reached over with what little life I had left bashing him on the side of the head with all the strength I was able to muster.