(45. Engaged)

As much as I hated the car accident Jay and I were involved in and all of the emotions that came with it, the days Jay and I had afterwards were unforgettable. The guys liked to tell us it was just because we were newly engaged but I think both Jay and I fully understood and grasped the concept of our time together and how much it really meant to us.

"So when's he getting out?" Trudy asked me as I walked down the stairs after another shift at work. I had insisted to Jay that I stay with him during his recovery but he really wanted me to get back to work especially for the paydays if a wedding was coming up.

"Another week of therapy and he should be good to leave," I told Trudy.

"Alright, d'you wanna go grab some dinner?" She asked me.

"I'm heading to the hospital, promised Jay I'd sneak him some fast food." I laughed.

"Ahh, it's the proposal love in the air." Trudy rolled her eyes playfully.

"No, it's the we nearly died together love in the air," I told Trudy, I was calm but I was also getting slightly annoyed of people insisting Jay and I would get over this 'faze' when we were just incredibly happy with the present moment.

Trudy stopped walking turning to face me, I stopped and did the same. "What are you talking about honey?" she lowered her voice using her softer tone she only used with me.

"Mah Jay and I nearly died...the day that was supposed to be one of the most special nights of our lives. All I'm saying is that I think Jay and I more than ever are so aware of the fact that tomorrow isn't promised for either of us, and the fact that we're so lovey-dovey is just that...he knows and I know that every day we spend together could be the very last." I explained.

"You can't be living in fear every day honey, that's not living." Trudy answered.

"It's not fear Mah, it's...." I was trying to find the right word. "it's acceptance, or reality or whatetever you want to call it except fear." I started walking away since Jay texted me asking me if I was on my way and I also didn't want to have this conversation anymore.

"Okay." Trudy nodded reluctantly, letting me go.

____

Once I got to the hospital Jay was watching some Tv while he waited for me. "Hey baby." I got his attention leaning against the doorframe and just watching him.

"Come here" He opened his arms with a bright smile. I walked over leaning over into his arms and kissing him. "What took you so long?" He asked as I passed him the food I brought him.

"Trudy, she insists our happiest of times are just because we're newly engaged." I rolled my eyes. "So I just had a chat with her, cleared things up."

"How did she take it?" He asked as he began taking his first bites.

"I don't think she believes me but at least I hope she stops with her comments" I laughed.

"How was work baby?" He then asked.

"It was alright, althought I notice there's a lot of tension between Hank and Al. Al is going undercover soon for the job so we'll see how things go. Also Al's been the only one who's not commented on how our love will end one day." I dramatized the ending.

"Isn't that just because Al never says anything?" Jay laughed.

I laughed with him. "No he actually told me he gets it, and he told me the rest of the guys just weren't lucky enough to understand life the way we do."

"Mhm." I saw Jay was takikng that frase in.

"But anyways how are you feeling? Did you get through therapy fine today?"