(11. I am the apocalypse)

*Inspired by Chicago Fire Season 3 Ep 19 I Am the Apocalypse.

Last night Nadia and I had the best sleepover, painting our nails, crying over horrible romantic movies, and just chatting about our prospects in life. She was so nervous about passing her detective exams and this was such a nice way for her to relax. The next morning I drove us both to the district and we were both happily giggling away.

We made it upstairs and there weren't many people in the office yet, Jay, Alvin, and both of us were the only ones there so far. "Morning." Nadia and I said in unison once we made it to our desks.

"Hey ladies." Jay greeted us while Alvin nodded.

"Hey, Al." I called him.

"Yes honey" He peeked his head from his desk.

"What d'you get Trudy for her birthday?" I oscillated my eyebrows at him.

He opened his mouth and looked around before closing it and disappearing behind his desk again. I laughed. "What d'you get her?" Jay asked me.

"I'm taking her to dinner tonight and I made her something with my own two hands." I turned and winked at Nadia who had helped me last night.

"Mhm," Jay hummed smirking.

Slowly the rest of the team started crawling in, it was a slow day and not much was happening at all. I grabbed my phone to text Kelly.

You: Hey, how's your day going?

Kelly: Got called to an ammonia leak, trying to get all the patients to Chicago Med but it's crazy, gonna need all hands on deck.

You: Alright, I'll ask Voight if I can go lend a helping hand, please be careful ❤️

Kelly: Thanks, Bear🐻

I put my phone away and went to talk to Hank. I knocked on his door and he gesture for me to come in.

"Hey Sarge, the guys at 51 are handling a huge amonia leak, was wondering if I could go lend a hand. I'll have my phone at all times ready for a case." I asked him.

"Sure thing, let us know if they need more assitance." Hank waved me off.

"Alright, thanks Sarge." I walked out of his office.

I grabbed my coat and started heading out. "Where are you off too?" Jay asked getting up from his desk.

"Oh, I'm going to Med see if I can help them out, they've got their hands full right now and I thought I could help with my medical training." I told him.

"Oh, well if you see my brother don't talk talk to him. Please." He told me.

"I don't promise anything." I laughed while making my way to the stairs. "See you later Nadi." I blew a kiss at her.

____

Once I arrived at the hospital it looked like chaos, the Firehouse 51 rigs were parked in front of the hospital and there were people flooding inside. I parked my car and hopped out.

"Help me please!" A woman was carrying her daughter in her arms.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

" I don't know, She's been complaining of stomach pain and she's just screaming in pain." The mother cried.

I knew the guys from Med and 51 would be doing triage so I thought best to get her in and give all the info to whoever was in charge and let them handle it.