(54.2. Uncuff her)

I was taken to an office I had never seen before. The man who had now introduced himself as Dt. Jepson opened the car door and took me out. During my way there I didn't start talking about how I had nothing to do with a murder and that they'd be hearing from my boss, and their jobs would be taken so I wasn't surprised when he took the opportunity to tighten my cuffs.

After walking into the building I was led to an interrogation room and seconds later someone came in, someone new.

"Mrs. Halstead, I'm Detective Kashton Matthews-" he started trying to play nice.

"I haven't done anything, I have no idea who your men were talking about, now if you'll uncuff me-" I started.

"I'm sorry but I can't do that." He stopped me sitting down in the seat in front of me.

"You're detectives said I was detained, not arrested." I was growing angrier.

"Look, we have reason to believe you're involved in the murder of Gregory Rubio." I was sick of hearing these false accusations.

"Huh, and what exactly led you to believe that?" my patience was growing thinner and thinner.

"We found traces of DNA matching yours at the scene of the murder..." He began and I looked at him in disbelief. "And your father, Cainan Nichols, told us everything."

"What-" what the hell was going on, I thought to myself. I was so shocked at what he was telling me and trying to process how this could be real I had no words.

"Now Mrs. Halstead what is your relationship like with your father?" Det. Matthews asked me.

And at the same time, someone barged into the room. "Don't say another word y/n, let's go." Hank had arrived and he was looking furious as ever.

"Mr.Voight I-" Det. Matthews got up and stopped me from getting up myself.

"I suggest you take a step back and uncuff my detective right now or I swear you'll be wishing your mother had never birthed you in a few seconds." Hank threatened Kashton.

It seemed as though he had heard of Hank Voight because after taking in the threat he reluctantly uncuffed me. I rubbed my wrists which were red from the tightness of the cuffs. "Thanks, Sarge."

"Go down to the car, I'll be there in a sec." Hank didn't take his eyes off Kashton.

I didn't question anything and simply did what Hank asked me to. Once I was downstairs I saw Jay and Adam were waiting in a car across the street. Once they saw me they both hoped out quickly.

"What the hell happened?" Adam asked me.

Jay just opened his arms out to me engulfing me into a much-needed hug for both him and me. "They're saying I was involved in a murder with my father." I sighed frustrated.

"What? You don't even know him." Adam was visibly angry.

"Yeah well seems like they don't know that."

"Woah what happened? Did they do this?" Jay noticed the bruising around my wrists.

"Yeah, the detective that drove me here tightened my cuffs after I threatened him with taking their jobs." I let Jay rub his thumb along my wrists.

"Yeah well you're right about that, these guys are crazy, and they're not getting away with this." Jay looked about ready to get into the building and take these guys' badges himself but we then saw Hank walking out.

"Hon are you alright?" He asked me as soon as he was a short distance away from us.

"I'm okay Sarge, thank you. I just want to know what's going on."

"You will, We're taking over the case." He told us.

"What? How-" I was so confused.

"Don't worry about it, but I want you going home tonight and getting some rest, come back in tomorrow morning." He instructed me.

He'd already done so much I wasn't going to protest. "Yes Sarge." I nodded as he got into his car.

"Make sure she gets home," He told Adam and Jay before driving away.

_____

Adam headed back to the office and Jay drove me home. "I'm heading back to the office, see what we can find out about all of this," Jay told me but I was so caught up with my thoughts I wasn't really registering what he was telling me.

"Yep," I answered but he noticed me spacing out.

"It'll be alright babe." He grabbed my hand, slipping his fingers in between mine.

"I know, I just...I haven't heard from my dad my whole life and the first time I do it's because he's being accused of murder and blaming me for it." I scoffed.

"We'll figure this out" He reassured me.

"I just don't understand, how did my mom end up with a guy like that?" I knew these were questions Jay couldn't answer but at this point, I was just thinking out loud.

"Listen for all we know this guy is a total liar. Get some rest okay, we'll figure things out tomorrow." Jay parked in front of our building and I saw Kelly was waiting for me outside.

"What's this about?" I turned to Jay confused.

"Well we both know you're not getting any sleep tonight, so I called Kelly, neither of us wants you being alone tonight. And since I'll be doing everything I can to figure this out in the office, he'll be here." Jay smiled.

"You're the best husband ever you know that." I leaned over to kiss him.

"I love you, baby, call me if you need anything." He finally let go of my hand as I stepped out of the car.

I gave Kelly a tight hug and we waved Jay goodbye. "Are you like a fugitive now Bear?" Kelly started joking as always.

I shoved him lightly. "Shut up, I'm a murderer's kid." I thought about it. "I don't know what's worse." I laughed at the situation.

"Well whatever, we're not worrying about that tonight. I bought beer, Pizza, and shitty movies." He opened the door for me.

"Ah, I love you guys." despite the whole situation I knew I'd be okay because of everyone who was there for me.