Chapter 1: Blind

Sorry for the wrong typos and grammar, this is my first story and I hope you guys enjoy it. :)

This story is based purely in the author's imagination. Names, Chracters and locations are all made up. All rights reserved no part or all part of my story should be copied or reproduced in any way.

---

The sun was set up high in the sky. Its rays peeking through small openings of the dense forest.

It was quiet and peaceful.

I dashed through the forest floor avoiding trees and boulders and feeling the wind against my cheek.

I felt so free...

so alive.

I heard someone catching up to me.

I smiled widely knowing who it was and urged my feet to run faster.

When I could only hear the sound in a distant, I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"SLOWPOKE!"

I stopped when I felt that the surrounding trees have decreased and the sun's rays caressed my skin.

I was in a clearing.

I heard footsteps behind me and I put on a triumphant smile when I faced him.

"Took you long enough, loser." I told him emphasizing the word "loser".

He let out a small chuckle which was music to my ears.

I felt him come near me, his body heat radiating its way towards me. I felt his hand near my forehead and he flicked it. I automatically swatted away his hand and lightly rubbed my forehead.

He laughed loudly, his laugh was deep and so carefree it was infectious which made me smile.

"I'm not a loser. I let you win on purpose." He linked me.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right. You just can't accept that you lost. Again." I retorted.

He chuckled again.

"You know your not normal, right?" He told me.

I raised a brow at him telling him to continue.

"You avoided obstacles pretty easily. Jumping pass protruding rocks and tree roots. Avoided hitting trees and boulders. That's impressive." He continued.

I let out an amused smile.

"How is that not normal?" I asked.

"Oh that's normal alright, but not for you it's not. Your...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
blind."

I let out a soft chuckle.

He was right. A blind person can't possibly be that good at navigating through obstacles. But I'm different. I may not have my eye sight but I did learn using my other senses. I developed better hearing and a better sense of smell. I learned how to feel my surroundings and that made me feel like I could see. I don't need sense of sight. I'm happy just as I am.

Before I could talk back to him he linked me.

"Race you back." He said and started sprinting back.

"Oh, its on." I murmured to myself.

I started to run as well and when I caught up to him I shouted.