Chapter 7: Envy

Sorry this is a short update. I'm kinda busy with "stuff" so I'll try and make it up on the next chapter.

Enjoy!
---

Raven Canyne

I panicked when that not so good familiar scent hit me.

Why do I smell rogues?

I slowly entered the room. I felt my surroundings but I could only detect three living breathing people inside.

I sighed with relief when I felt no danger but I couldn't get that smell out of my system.

"Is something wrong?" I heard Zeth link.

"No, I just smell a rogues scent in the room. Anyway, I brought food." I said. "I figured you guys wouldn't come down so I came up."

I placed the tray on a nearby table that I felt.

"How's the Luna?" I asked.

"The doctor said that she'd be out cold for a couple of weeks. She has marks on her feet, hands and neck. She was tied up like some freaking animal! I swear if the rogues did this to her I will kill every living one of their kind." He linked and I could feel his rage radiate from his body.

I went closer to him and held his arm.

"She has these marks on her body Rave. She has scars! She looks like a corpse! They made her live just so that they can torture her again and again. Her chest was covered in blood when I saw her. It was fresh blood! From her flesh!"

I felt him shiver with anger. I hugged him and he calmed down but I felt wetness on my hair.

He was crying.

"I thought she was dead."

I could feel his relief but he still held so much sadness.

"Hush. She's back." I told him and patted his back. "She's back."

When he calmed down he held my hand and placed it on his soft lips. I smiled because that gesture means his happy.

"That's more like it. I did tell you to smile when she's awake right?"

"Yeah, you did."

I felt his arm wrap around my shoulder.

"How's dad?" I asked.

"He's great. At first he was angry with mom's condition, then he became worried and now he's been holding onto mom's hand like his life depended on it. But overall he's happy and relieved that his mate is back." He linked me.

I smiled deep inside. I'm glad that dad is happy.

"That's great. I hope she gets better soon. I'm sure she'd want to see how her son has grown." I told him and smiled.

I stayed a bit longer talking to Zeth. Sometimes we would include dad but then his attention would drift over to the Luna and forget what we were talking about.

Before leaving the room I reminded them to eat. I'll come back later to remind them to bathe as well.

When I got out I still couldn't get that rogue smell out of my system. Aside from that scent that has been bugging me it also contained a familiar scent. It was a weak scent but it was still there. It smelled like, well, it's weird because it smelled kind of like me.

---

I checked on Meldy again, though that was only an excuse for me to feel my mate.