Chapter 17

This chapter is based on a request, hope you'll like it.

---
Raven Canyne

Ever since this morning I've been itching for a run, unfortunately we had to go to this stinkin' congress.

My wolf has been in a frenzy lately and I don't know why. She keeps on clawing me telling me to release her. I feel so restless, I did nothing but fidget in my place.

I felt Onyx near me but he kept silent. I couldn't take it anymore! After this congress is over I need to run, but first I need to blow a fuse on my mate. The hell with this no talking thing!

Finally, your not so stubborn as I thought you were.

My wolf commented. I just shoved her at the back of my mind, I mean way back.

"May I have your attention please." A woman's voice echoed. I'm pretty sure she was talking through a microphone. "May I ask those who have been invited to the congress to present your cards once more at the front desk and recieve your instructions. After that we will be escorting everyone to the hall. That is all, thank you." She announced and I heard feet stomping, shuffling and walking.

The atmosphere felt heavier than it already was. I felt dominance radiating from almost everywhere in the room. Even Zeth was radiating off a feel of dominance. Though it was faint, Onyx also radiated off a bit of dominating aura.

Men, always competing for dominance and superiority. Always wanting everyone to submit and yet never wants to submit.

I shook my head at the thought. And they said women were complicated.

I heard people talking, whispering and females gossiping about the guys attending the congress.

After hearing them I got conscious and desperatley searched for Onyx's arm. When I found it I coiled my arm around his and just let my possesive side take over.

I felt Onyx stiffen but I ignored it. He better not look, stare or glance at another female. If he does he is so going to have taste of Raven's Fury.

---
Zeth Claude Canyne

After a few minutes of waiting we were asked to present our cards again and to form a line with our escorts. I linked Raven and Onyx to stay close.

We were then blindfolded, for security purposes is what they said, then we were guided through a corridor. After a few minutes of walking I heard a door open and we were asked to step in. When I did I caught a scent of pine and I heard birds chirping.

We were guided once more and after about ten minutes of walking I heard someone shout.

"HALT!" A male's voice yelled.

I stopped and so did the others I guess. I felt a faint dominating presence right before they told us to stop. I'm guessing that whoever was in the room, well not sure if it is a room because I heard birds chirping and caught a scent of pine trees, must be more powerfall than all the Alphas gathered here combined.

I heard the sound of what seemed to be like a metal gate open. We were led in one by one. When we finally got inside they instructed us to take of our blind fold.

When I took mine off, light engulfed my eyes. It was too bright it took time for my sight to adjust, when it did I froze speechless, not like I can talk anyway.

I always imagined the congress hall to be an ordinary hall with a high ceiling, a bit of decoration, good lighting, a long table with arranged chairs and a white board in front.