Chapter 8: Date

Raven Canyne

"What did you just say?" I asked.

I heard him but I'm not sure if I heard him right.

"I said we're going on a date tomorrow." He said coolly.

It took another minute before my brain finally processed it.

A date...

A date...

A date?

A date!

He asked me out on a date and I just had to act like a freaking retard!

"Where exactly are we going? I'm pretty sure dad won't let us out of pack grounds with the whole rogue thing going on." I told him.

"Who said we were leaving pack grounds?" He asked.

I raised a brow. Is there somewhere that's worth going to inside pack territories?

"So? Where are we going?" I asked. Now I'm interested. Not like I wasn't in the first place.

"You'll find out tomorrow. Anyway wear something casual." He told me.

Why do dates have to be a surprise? Can't they just say it straight on? We'll get to see it eventually anyway.

Not like I get to see it anyway. But location is important.

"Alright." I muttered and went to my room without a goodbye.

---

I heard knocking on my door.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Am I that nervous? I mean it's just a date right? No biggie.

The knock became louder.

I rolled my eyes. Sheesh, someone's excited.

I walked over to the door and searched for the handle. I held on to it and breathed in and out.

Here goes nothing and maybe everything.

I opened the door and that sweet springtime smell hit my sense of smell hard.

"Ready?" He asked, I can already imagine him smiling.

I breathed again and smiled nervously.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I said.

He placed my hand at the crook of arm.

"Then, let's go." He said.

He escorted me outside and when we got out I heard a car engine and the smell of gas.

"Where'd you get the car?" I asked.

"How'd yo--"He was about to ask why I knew but I cut him.

"Heightened senses." I said and shrugged.

"Right." He said like he just learned something new. "Your brother let me borrow it. I told him it was for a date and that we were going to the town 10 kilometers east of the Packhouse." He explained.

Ohhh... So that's where we're going to.

"He allowed it since it is in pack territory." He continued. "Anyway, now you know where we're going. So hop in."

I heard the car door open and he helped me in the passenger seat. He also helped with the seatbelt then he shut the door. Not a moment too soon I heard the door at the driver's side open and I heard him get in and close the door.

He started to drive and an ear deafening silence enveloped us. The atmosphere wasn't uncomfortable but it was way too quiet.

"So?" He started breaking the silent atmosphere. "You want to listen to some music?" He asked.

Would I? Nah. I don't I do.

"No, I'm good." I told him.

Silence again.

"How long have you and Meldy known each other?" I asked.

Okay, so I may be a tiny bit jealous of their friendship.

"Not long actually." He said.

I got confused. Aren't they from the same pack? Or did one of them change packs?

He must have felt my confusion so he continued.

"I wasn't originally from the Blue Moon pack. I was from the once joyful Golden Dawn Pack. It was a pack filled with problem free wolves and people. Everything was perfect but then wolves from an unknown pack attacked us captured most of the wolves and killed and used the humans. I was one of the many who were captured but I escaped when they were about to cage me. I ran as fast as I could until I couldn't run anymore. I happen to stop near pack borders and that's when Meldy and I met. She was out on a run and she caught my scent. That was 4 years ago I think." He said.

I had no words when he finished. Packs attacking other packs? That's just insane.

"They weren't rogues?" I asked.

"No, rogues don't work together and rogues have a despicable scent. These wolves were something else. They had no scent." He said, I could hear bitterness in his voice.

Wolves with no scent? How can that even be possible? But I feel sorry for what happened to him.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." I told him.

Now I feel a bit awkward.

"You don't have to. You didn't do anything, they did. And anyway, the purpose of this date is to get to know each other, so don't be sorry." He told me and I could feel his hand on mine.

I gave his hand a light squeeze and he squeezed mine as well. We stayed like that throughout the whole drive. No talking just a comfortable silence.

I heard him shut the engine of the car.

" We're here." He said and let go of my hand. I heard him get out and shut the door.

A moment later I heard the passenger door open. My seatbelt was removed and I felt his hand on mine.

"Come on." He said and guided me out of the car.

He shut the door and I heard him lock the doors. He placed my hand on the crook of his arm and he led the way.

I heard cars and people chattering. I took in the smell of the town, I could smell the nearby bakeshop and the smell of clothes from boutiques. It's been a while since I last went to town.

I felt his breath near my ear and I felt tingles run along my spine when he whispered in my ear.

"Are you ready?"

---
Ready for what?

Feel free to vote and drop a comment if you like this chapter. :)

--->Naira