Chapter 2: Mate

This story is based purely in the author's imagination. Names, Chracters and locations are all made up. All rights reserved no part or all part of my story should be copied or reproduced in any way.

---

"Let go of my mate."

I gasped when he said that but my wolf flipped with joy. She was becoming like a love sick puppy.

Zeth tensed but didn't let go of his hold. If anything it actually became tighter.

I don't know what's happening but I do know that Zeth and my so called mate was having a stare down.

I'm sure it only broke when my dad spoke.

"Clark, put these three in the cellars. I'll come to check them up later. Interrogate them, if they don't answer, you know what to do." Dad told his beta.

I heard shuffling and protests but the sound died down after a while. The disgusting smell was still there but not as strong as before.

"I said let go of her before I tear you apart limb from limb." I heard the man say with fury in his voice.

Zeth didn't listen and instead pulled me closer to him.

Another growl came from the man but this time it was much louder.

"Zeth, I suggest you listen to him and let her go." Dad told Zeth.

Zeth being the stubborn man he is ignored it and let out his own low growl.

"Zeth!" Dad shouted. "Let her go. Now!" He commanded my stubborn brother using his Alpha voice.

Zeth tensed. He hesitated but reluctantly let go of his grip from my shoulder. He still stood near me and I can tell he was scowling.

"Tristan, get these two to my office. Do not leave them no matter what. Understood?" My dad commanded to his third.

"Raven." Dad called out to me. "Follow behind them." He told me.

I wasn't sure why I had to follow but I nodded my head. I heard shuffling then fast running footsteps. I followed but before dad and Zeth were out of ear shot I heard my dad say.

"Zeth, we need to talk."

---
Packhouse

Alpha Claudius Canyne's Office

I stood outside of dad's office while the two rogues were sent in. They wouldn't let me in saying that it was a direct order from the Alpha.

Sometimes I wonder about the decisions of my father. He orders me to come along then lets me wait outside. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Me inside while the rogues out?

"How long do you expect me to wait?" I linked my brother.

It was already fifteen minutes after dad told us to wait here. I don't have the patience to wait especially when there are two rogues in my dad's office and one of them happens to be my mate.

"On our way. We just had to make a quick stop at the cellars." He linked me back.

"Cellars" they just had to make the word "dungeon" sound more attractive. That place is cold, damp and I think it had bad lighting.

Dad told me that the cellars was a place for very bad wolves. Which are mainly rogues and deranged wolves.

From my brother's descriptions, it had solid, pure silver bars. There is no source of sunlight and cold water was dripping from the ceilings. It was not a place for the weak hearted.

Speaking of heart, mine keeps beating erratically at the thought of having a mate. I could still smell his lingering scent. I can never get enough of it. It smells so good. I wonder how someone who smells that good look like.

"What's in your head?" Zeth linked me snapping me out of my dream state.

Was I thinking too much for me to not notice their presence? Not good.

"Nothing." I said flatly.

I could imagine him raising his brow but I erased that out of my head.

"Where's dad?" I asked.

"He's already inside the office talking to the two. You didn't feel him?" He told me.

What? How come I didn't feel him? I can always feel someone's presence.

Agh! Stupid mate messing up my senses.

"So do we enter?" I asked.

My wolf is already jumping with excitement at the thought of being near her mate.

Stupid love struck wolf.

"Yes we do." He linked me. "Stay close"

I didn't respond. We walked in and I almost stumbled back when that sweet springtime smell hit my senses hard.

"You okay?" Zeth linked me in a concerned voice.

I slowly nodded still taking in that sweet aroma.

When I finally composed myself my feet started moving on its own. It was like there was an unknown force making me walk towards it.

When I felt heat radiating from something infront of me I stopped. I inhaled and to my surprise it was the sweet springtime smell. My hand automatically searched his face.

The palm of my hand landed on his cheek. My fingers slowly traced his cheek to his  jawline. My thumb caressed his bottom lip savoring the soft feel of his lips. I moved my hand to feel his nose. It was straight and I could feel his hot breath on my palm. I placed my hand at the side of his face and looked at him even if I only saw darkness.

By merely feeling his face I could tell he was handsome. Now I want to know the color of his eyes.

Without thinking I asked.

"What color are your eyes?"

I could sense him tense under my touch. I know I shouldn't have asked but I wanted to.

His words shattered my trance and I backed away feeling scared of what he might think of me.

"Your blind?"

---

She's blind?

Sorry if this was a short update. I'll make it up on the next chapter.

I hope you guys liked this chapter. If you did feel free to vote. :)

-->Naira