Chapter 4: Acceptance

Raven Canyne

I woke up feeling less than normal I guess but still good. My alarm went on at 5 which was my everyday wake up call.

I did my morning rituals and went down to make breakfast.

Yesterday's turn of events drained my energy. I immediately went to sleep once I entered my room. I woke up when Zeth informed me of what happened inside dad's office. He told me the wolves story since they aren't rogues to begin with.

I felt sorry for what happened to their pack and this Meldy chick I feel sorry for her as well. I can't even begin to imagine having a blood thirsty rogue as a mate.

I felt frustration when Zeth told me that they were staying at the guest rooms across our rooms. Not because I don't want to see my mate or because I don't want to be near them. Its just Zeth didn't tell me the name of my mate. Every time he talks about him it's always that man or him.

I cleared all my thoughts and navigated my way towards the the kitchen. I may be blind but I can cook. In fact I love cooking. I searched for the pan, I brought out a box of eggs and a pack of bacon strips. The kitchen is my domain so I know where everything is in here.

I'm making scrambled eggs with bacon. Whenever I cook I feel lost in my thoughts and concentrate my senses on the task at hand.

I was so busy cooking, I didn't notice that someone entered my domain until he talked and I could smell the sweet springtime smell I like so much.

"You can cook?" He asked, I could hear the surprise in his voice.

I ignored him and continued cooking but I was still inhaling his scent. I think I'm addicted to it.

I stiffened when I felt heat radiating behind me. My back was pressed on something hard yet so warm. I felt muscular arms wrap around my waist and something a bit heavy rest on my shoulder. If I can visualize this clearly I think he's giving me a back hug with his chin resting on my shoulder.

I can feel his warm breath on my cheek and that addictive scent became stronger. I don't know why but my body relaxed and I held his arm that was resting at the side of my waist. I leaned back my head and my cheek felt his soft hair.

I snapped out of my dream state when I smelled something burning. Then I realized I was cooking. My eyes widened. I ripped myself out of his hold my body already missing the warmth of his body.

I quickly turned off the stove and released a sigh.

I was surprised and almost flinched when I felt an arm around my shoulders. I could feel his breath near my ear.

"Onyx." He whispered.

I was confused at first then he continued to talk.

"A dark shade of Onyx are the color of my eyes." He said in a deep alluring kind of way. I could feel heat going up my cheeks. " And that my dear, is also my name." He said and nibbled my earlobe.

Without my knowledge a moan escaped my lips. I was surprised that I could produce such a sultry sound.

He chuckled and kissed my temple before letting go of his hold. I think my face was already as red as a tomato.

My heart clenched when a thought entered my head. I faced him putting on a serious look.

"Are you being sweet so you can reject me later? If you are I suggest you do it now and drop this sweet act. Because its only going to hurt me more if your going to make me fall for you then just drop me." I said straight out void of any emotion.