Chapter 9: Past

Raven Canyne

"Are you ready?" He whispered in my ear.

What? Ready for what?

"Ready for what?" I asked.

I heard him chuckle and he removed my hold on his arm.

No!!! Don't let go! My wolf cried.

Then I felt his arm wrap around my waist.

Nevermind, carry on. She took back.

I rolled my eyes at her.

"To our first destination." He said and led me on without my reply.

---

We kept on walking for maybe 10 minutes before he finally stopped walking.

"We're here." He said.

Where exactly? I'm blind if you haven't noticed.

Instead of being sarcastic I felt my surrounding, inhaled the air and listened to the sounds around me. I feel like there are trees and some solid objects nearby. I inhaled fresh air, food and a bit of sweat. I heard the laughter of children and some dogs barking at the background.

"We're at the park?" I asked.

I can feel his stare right at me.

"Are you really blind?" He asked.

That confirms my question. And yes, yes I'm blind.

I laughed a little.

"Yeah I'm blind. I just have a way of feeling my surroundings and stuff like it." I said then shrugged. "So, why the park?" I asked.

He put an arm around my shoulders and led me to what felt like a swing.

"I like the park. It's a place to play, be alone and relax. It also reminds me of my family and my old pack." He said and he helped me on the swing.

I heard the other swing creak and I could tell he also sat down.

I swung slowly back and forth.

"My family was an ordinary member of the pack. Dad was a warrior and mom was at home with me." He started. "We weren't powerful nor rich but we were happy and satisfied with what we had." I heard him sigh.

"Looking back, I wish I could bring back time." When he said that, my heart clenched.

Why?

"But then," I felt a hand hold mine. "I wouldn't have found my beautiful, imperfectly perfect mate." He continued and kissed the back of my hand.

My wolf was flipping inside and I couldn't help but smile.

I love this sweet side of him.

"Shall I continue?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Mom used to take me to the nearby park and I would play 'til I exhausted all my energy. I would run back to mom feeling all tired and sleepy like most kids would feel. Mom would wipe off my sweat and change my shirt then she would let me sleep on her lap. I miss the times she did that, she would stroke my hair and sing me a lullaby. And when I wake up, I wasn't in the park anymore but at home in my bed." He said.

I listened intently and I had this sudden urge to pull him and do what his mom did.

So I did.

I pulled him up and searched for the nearest tree.