Chapter 14: I Want My Sight Back

Raven Canyne

"I dreamnt of it again. Why? Why did 'that' appear again?" I cried in Onyx's arms while he was trying to comfort me.

It's been years since I last had that dream. Years!

Why must it show up again?

I thought I wouldn't see it again since I decided to go blind. It hadn't occured to me that it could haunt me in my dreams.

When I became blind all I saw was darkness and flashes of light. Sometimes I would imagine images in my mind but that face had never popped out, until now.

"Have you calmed down a bit?" Onyx asked, his voice gentle but a bit hoarse.

I guess I have, a little.

I didn't want to talk since I knew my voice would crack so I just nodded.

Ever since I woke up I hadn't let go of Onyx. We stayed in the position we were in for about half the day I guess. All I did was cry in his arms.

I cried and cried.

I cried like the little girl I was in my dream.

After a few more minutes of crying, I realized something. This isn't like me. I'm not weak. I can't let a single dream ruin me.

And yet I let it.

I took deep breaths and took control of my emotions. There is absolutely no way I'm letting that damned dream get the best of me. That guy is dead and I'm not the same little girl I was back then.

I'm much stronger now and being in Onyx's arms for about half a day made me pity myself.

I realized how much of a coward I really am.

All this time I've been running away from my dream, from that monster and from reality.

Well now I say, NO MORE!

I made up my mind.

I clenched my fists into balls and gently pushed Onyx away. I don't want to burden him because of this. I want us to be happy together but that won't happen if I don't face my fear. If I don't take a step forward.

It might take a while for me to totally conquer my fear but nothing will happen if I don't take a step forward.

And my first step is not to depend on Onyx that much. I can't actually conquer my fear if I always hide behind my mate or behind Zeth. So no more hiding.

I'll be the Raven who determinedly wanted to go blind. The strong Raven that won't take pity on herself. The Raven that is the proud daughter of an Alpha.

"Raven?" Onyx asked concerned.

I love how he cares about me so much but I need him not to care a little bit.

"I'm good, I'm sorry for making you worry." I said even if my voice was a little bit shaky.

"You too Zeth, sorry." I said knowing that he was in the room.

"That's okay, as long as your okay everything is fine. I'll worry about you anytime, everytime and always." Onyx said and held my hand.

His hands feel so warm it's making me feel warm.

I smiled.

This man has never failed to comfort me. He is such a sweetheart that I'm never going to let him go. But I need a little distance between us.

I'm not going to push Onyx away, I want him by my side but I don't want to depend on him too much.

And with that being said, now I want to do something insanely crazy.

I had that dream again, I saw that hideous face again, and now I think it's time to have my eye sight again.

Well, maybe not now, but eventually.

If being blind means not seeing anything and having that horrid dream appear in my mind I might as well see again.

I actually want to see what Onyx looks like and how much Zeth has grown and everything that I have been feeling with my touch all this time.

For the first time in about maybe 13 years, I finally want to see things again.

"Uhm.. Zeth? Can I talk to you?" I asked.

I felt Onyx stiffen beside me.

"Privately?" I asked again.

I know Onyx wanted to protest but he held back. Whatever's going on in his mind, I like it.

He is so understanding.

***

I let Onyx stay beside me since Zeth and I will be having a quiet conversation in our minds.

And in truth, I didn't want him to leave. I feel safe just by being by his side.

"What did you want to talk about?" Zeth linked.

"I had 'that' dream again." I told him.

I need to tell him, they witnessed this before so it's only natural the I tell him again.

"I know. You were showing the same symptoms you had when you first had that dream." He said.

I heard him shift his position and he gave out a relaxing vibe.

"I know that's not what you want to talk about." He said.

Dang! I really can't hide anything from him.

"How'd you know?" I ask linked.

The torments of having a quick witted sibling. You can't hide anything from them.

"Cause, if that's all you had to say then you could have said it out loud. So I'm guessing there's something you wanted to talk about that you don't want your mate to hear." He linked and in my mind's eye he was smirking.

Damn, he's good!

"Fine, you caught me. In truth I want to surprise him." I linked back.

"Oh? What surprise would that be?" He asked not hiding the amusement in his thoughts.

"I want to see again." I said and smiled.

I'm imagining Zeth with a shocked expression right about now. Oh, how I would love to have seen that.

"Are you sure? I'm the one surprised now." He linked.

I wanted to laugh but I supressed it.

"Yes, I'm sure." I linked.

---
Ohhh...

If you guys like this chapter feel free to vote and comment.. xD

-->Naira