Chapter 32

~Y/N POV~

Just staring at the pool beneath my knees I was just shocked beyond compare.

I mean really?

Now the babies decide to come into the world while I'm stuck down here all alone.

My head shot up to stare at the stoned wall, another shock washing over me.

Fuck, I'm alone.

A rush of panic swept through my body. I didn't plan this I didn't want any of this to begin with but in the end I've decided to deal with the consequences. My mom said a couple of days after I returned to her that I could be induced and have the babies adopted but I told her no.

At that moment I wanted the babies and I still want them now.

I have to do this alone, not only for my sake but my babies. I have to. It's not like I have an option anyway.

Getting up onto my feet, my knees weak I scrambled to the white drawers in the corner by the bed. Opening them up I raided the contents of every medical equipment I could find.

As a contraction waved over me I paused mid actions, clutching onto my belly and stayed still waiting for it to pass but watched the clock on the opposite wall tick by the seconds. I remember I need to count. To keep track of every contraction, the closer and longer they are the best way to tell how long I have until I have to start pushing. With no one here to check how much I've dilated I'll have to trust my body to tell me when it's time.

Ten seconds.

It last ten seconds and at this point I don't know how much time I have between now and my next contraction so I try to move as much as I can. Despite all the noise I can still hear above me I try to ignore it and focus on the task at hand. I can't slip into some kind of traumatic state.

With all the information going on in my head. Tracking back from Jin's explanations on birthing and Sera's plans with me. I remember what I would need to help me through this.

Reaching down under the bed to a plastic container I pulled out two blankets and a bed sheet. I didn't bother to put it back but I managed to set the sheet back on the bed, spreading it out. It's just a good thing the bed is not made and I doubt the sheet will save the mattress but it's the least I can do for now.

A wave of pain washed through my abdomen and creeped around my back. I hunched over, hissing in pain and watched the clock tick. Panting and breathing in through my nose and out my mouth I managed the pain. Not by a lot but just enough to get by.

It had been five minutes since the contractions started. That worried me that my body is now so eager to get these babies out. It doesn't help that Sera checked my cervix yesterday and I was already two centimetres dilated. It's just my water hadn't broken until now.

I suppose the stress I just went through would put my mind and body in stress. But good thing too that the babies are the right way round, no worry of breech birth.

I nod to myself and went back into action when the contraction went away. I have too much to do and gather to be sitting around right now.

Placing the blankets on the edge of the bed, I slid onto the bed all the while making sure I have everything else I needed. I leaned against the wall my butt to the bed and checked over the medical scissors still in their plastic covering. Two sets. A cloth, clean still in it's packet. I even found some string in the bedside drawer and managed to spilt it in two. Another two sets and lastly the blankets. If nothing goes wrong that should be all I'll need.

I laid there on the bed, staring up at the ceiling just waiting but hoping that someone I know will open that hatch and help me out here but that's wishful thinking.