Chapter 34

~Y/N POV~

(Two Years Later)

It's my babies second birthday today.

The last two years have flown by and I can't believe it honestly.

Watching them from the patio glass window playing with their little play friends they've made at day care. A place I didn't want to put my children just on the odds something would happen but the day care is run by my grandmother I didn't meet until two years ago today.

(FLASHBACK)

"Y/n."

Clutching my babies into my chest I carefully took hold of a pair of scissors, ready to fight off this older man before me. I don't know him but his smile was friendly and he seemed harmless, even when he glanced at the weapon in my hands but despite my hostility his smile never faltered.

"How are you?"

"Oh I'm sorry. The name is Cho Sungmin."

He smiles at me, bowing and I frowned at the man when he giggled.

"I'm your grandfather. Your fathers' dad."

My eyes widen and I dropped my scissors to the bed.

"Really?"

My voice cracked and he nods.

"Yes. Your mom set off an alert and we came as fast as we could." Grandfather

More tears spilled down my cheeks, feeling grateful that I have family I didn't even know about.

"HONEY HELP ME DOWN!!"

A females voice echoes from the outside and the man before me gasps as he's forgotten something priceless and launched back to the ladders to look up and hold his hand out the hatch.

"Just take it easy wifey. We don't need you breaking a hip like last time." Grandfather

He laughs and I silently watch an elderly lady climb down the ladders and then smack the man across the chest.

"Watch it you old fool. I can still poison your food."

"It wouldn't be the first time. It's what made me fall in love with you." Grandfather

The woman rolled her eyes but then softened her gaze when they landed on me. She awes at me and then rushed to my side, perching herself onto the edge of the bed.

"My you've grown so much. You were only a year old the last time we met. I'm Anya, you're grandmother."

She smiles and it just reminds me of my own. My mom always told me I had my dad's smile and looking back on pictures of my dad I could see that. Now I can see where he got it from.

Again I started crying and she cooed at me, bringing me close to her embrace, one arm around my shoulders.

"Oh sweetie. I'm sorry but this is not the reunion we hoped for but it's better than nothing. But first we need to get you and these peaches out of here okay?" Grandmother

I nodded still crying my heart out. I think it's just the hormones and everything else all in one.

"Alright then. Sungmin!! Help me with our grandchildren. We need to get them out of here quickly." Grandmother

Waving over her husband he came running over to my other side, his sweet smile appearing again and carefully scoops up my daughter into his arms. I tensed seeing him with my baby but my grandmother tapped my hand gently and leans into whisper in my ear.