Chapter 35

~Y/N POV~

Sitting in the large yet closed off VIP room of the club I currently own. My phone pressed to my ear with a smile on my face as I picked at the hem of my short dress.

"Don't worry Y/n. Those gems are asleep and safe. Tucked away in bed just the way you left them." Grandma

"I know, I know. But I just had to call to make sure. Eun had a nightmare last night so I had to be sure she hasn't had another."

"And if she does your grandfather and I are right here. She also has her kitty teddy in her tight hold as we speak." Grandma

We both chuckled together. It's known that if Eun didn't go to bed with her kitty teddy herself, her brother tucks her soft toy beside her to cuddle. My kids look out for one another and I couldn't be more prouder.

"Well thank you grandma. I have to go now but I'll be home in a couple of hours."

"Alright dear. Stay safe okay?" Grandma

"Will do. Bye."

Once she said her goodbyes I hung up the phone and tossed it to the side. The device lands on the leather booth I'm sitting on and reach for my drink on the small table to my left. Bringing the glass to my lips my eyes wondered around the VIP room. The purple neon lights on the wall and the black painted walls. Matching black booths made of leather and small tables for drinks. There's even a pole in the centre of the room and a small private booth in the corner.

But for now I'm by myself.

A few minutes I'll have to leave since the club is getting more busy by the minute. This room has been booked for the night by my target and his associates.

I really came in here to have some alone time but also to make sure everything in this room is satisfactory.

This club is mine now. It was one of the many businesses I took over by using the money my mother left me after she died. An inheritance. I used it to be where I am today but every purchase I made was made under different names. Male names so no one would assume a woman would be the owner. If anyone needed to discussed business matters revolving sales, promotions and trades. Bill would be my voice and face. I would just be the mind behind it all.

I've been in the rooms during discussions where my employees would discuss a matter with Bill and look to him for direction. But little did they all know, their real boss would be watching from the side lines.

I like to stay hidden. Keep my secrets to myself.

Except for Bill.

He knows everything about me. My life growing up. My trauma almost three years ago. How my children came to be and their fathers. Just how I know everything about his life.

I saved Bill's life six months after my babies were born.

Found him beaten and left for dead in a alley one night when I busy chasing down a man that I knew worked for my main target. But I couldn't leave him there so I took him to the hospital and even gave him one of my kidneys. For I guess for life we're connected in some way.

He's like the brother I never had. He helped me build everything I have today.

Busy in my own thoughts I suddenly remember I have to keep an eye on the time. Picking up my phone again I checked the time, hummed to myself and stuff the device down my bra. Safe place to be since I don't have pockets.

Standing up on my heels I straightened out my dress, smoothing it down the way but checked that my gun didn't slip out from beneath my dress and show itself. Thankfully it stays hidden on my inner thigh. It can be uncomfortable to walk around in but you get use to it.