Chapter 22

Addison walked towards her rental home and stopped short. There was an unknown car parked in the driveway. She knew it wasn't Jake's or Jordan's car since they usually parked in the garage. Who's car was this?
She went closer and took a look at the old, but well-kept, red Fiat 1100. Addison never saw it before. But then she just shrugged and took out her keys to go in. Mrs. Kennedy was in the living room, doing something on her laptop. She smiled at Addison as she came in.
"Hello, Addison," Felicia smiled. "How was your day?"
"It was good," Addison smiled, picking out her room key from the ring. "By the way, who's car is it in the drive?"
"Oh, it's the new tenant's," Mrs. Kennedy chuckled. "He's staying in the room down the hall. That room's been empty for way too long, am I right?"
"Yeah," Addison nodded. "Is Jordan home?"
"Not yet," Felicia shook her head. "You know how late he comes, right?"
"Yeah," Addison nodded. "He says he wants to do some group studying with me since I'm good at writing."
Felicia smirked. "Maybe there are other reasons?"
Addison quickly shook her head. "Nah. Nothing like that. There's a new lecturer for Academic Writing, and Jordan's a little worried he wouldn't be able to understand the subject."
"Oh, okay," Mrs. Kennedy smiled.
Addison nodded and went up the stairs. She entered her room and immediately went to take her shower.

Someone knocked on Addison's door suddenly.
"Who is it?" Addison called.
"It's me!" Jordan's muffled voice answered. "Wanna study?"
Addison groaned and got off the bed. It was a good thing she didn't change into pyjamas this time. She opened the door to a smirking Jordan.
"Where do you wanna study?" Addison asked.
"Felicia allowed us to use the dining hall," Jordan grinned, wiggling his brows. "Jake's joining us too."
"Great..." Addison sighed. "Let me get my stuff."
She grabbed her bag and followed him downstairs to the dining hall. Jake was already sitting there, poring over his notes.
"What course does he even take?" Addison asked Jordan in a low voice.
"I'm not so sure, but it involves Academic Writing too," Jordan whispered back.
Addison nodded and sat down, putting her bag on the chair next to her. Jake looked up from his notes in surprise.
"I thought you said you're bringing your tuition teacher?" Jake said, seeing how Addison was just one of their tenants. "Isn't this the girl that carpools with you?"
"Yeah, but trust me, she's really good!" Jordan exaggerated, sitting down next to Jake. "She's one of the top-scorers!"
Addison facepalmed. "Seriously, Jordan?"
"What, tell me it isn't true," Jordan smirked. Addison just stared at him. "See! It's true! She's the top scorer!"
Jake shrugged and held out his hand. "Nice to meet you, I'm Jake."
"Addison," Addison shook his hand. "Nice to meet you too, Jake. You can call me Addie."
They started studying and all of a sudden, loud music erupted from the floor above. They heard Mrs. Kennedy groan and go up the stairs. A moment later, silence. Mrs. Kennedy came back downstairs and resumed whatever she was doing.
"I think it's the new tenant," Jake frowned. "The others never did this before."
"Who's he anyway?" Jordan asked, looking up from his paperwork. "Seems like a teenager."
"I don't know, but he drives an ancient car," Jake added with a shrug. "Did you see that thing outside?"
"It actually looks pretty good actually," Addison shrugged. "Well maintained."
Jordan nodded. "Seems jock...ish?"
Addison started laughing. "I get what you mean."
Mrs. Kennedy came in and decided to supply them with some drinks and treats. For some reason, she kept giving Jordan a sour look.
"Okay, let's continue our lesson," Addison said after taking a sip of her lemonade. "First of all... I have no idea how to teach writing."
"Okay, then can you read this and see how it is?" Jordan asked, pushing his papers to her.
Addison pulled it towards her and skimmed through it. She kept shaking her head whenever an error came up.
"What's this?" Addison asked, pointing out a mistake to him. "I don't get it. You're repeating the same thing."
Jordan read it and started laughing. "I wanted to talk about the outcome, but didn't know how to."
Addison sighed and started telling him of another way to write it. Jake smirked.
"You said you didn't know how to teach writing, then what's this?" Jake asked. "This is exactly how you do it."
Addison just grinned and continued helping them with their essays. Jake eventually fell asleep on the table and Felicia had to dismiss them instead.
"Guys, it's getting pretty late, you should go back to your rooms," Mrs. Kennedy said after waking Jake. "You can study tomorrow."
Addison gladly packed up her stuff and got up. She waved at the boys and made her exit, going back to her room to finally rest for the day.
She also found that there were no Superhero sightings in the past three days. Well, it was Monday, so he probably took the weekend off and then extended it a little.
Addison also wondered if the Superhero had eaten her bun.

***

It was Wednesday, and another day with Academic Writing class. This time, however, it was the last class for the day.
So, Addison went to the Academic Writing hall and bagged a seat for herself and Jordan in the middle, towards the back. She was the first person as usual, while Jordan was the last to come in.
As usual.
"Thanks for bagging me a seat," Jordan grinned, plopping down next to her.
"Why are you always late?" Addison frowned.
Jordan just shrugged, wiping his hands on his black hoodie. Addison wondered how dirty it would look if it was white instead. As it is, she has seen a brown stain caked on it before. She wasn't sure if he washed the hoodie, or just scraped it off.
And that kinda made her cringe.
Giuseppe walked in, humming the tune of Santa Lucia for some reason.
"He must really love his country," Addison snorted.
"Yeah, and that moustache of his," Jordan added with a scowl.
"You really hate him, don't you?"
"Well yeah, he keeps messing up my name for some reason."
Addison snorted. "Oh come on, Capelli Rossi is just a nickname."
"But George isn't," Jordan frowned. "Dude keeps messing up my name!"
He said that a little too loudly, earning a glare from Giuseppe. Jordan immediately fell silent and pretended to be busy taking his things out. Addison shook her head and took out her foolscap paper. Their first class with Mr. Galante was starting.
He actually proved to be a very good lecturer, even better than their previous, Mr. Wellington. Jordan was happiest of all.
"Wow, stupid Wellington never told us this," Jordan said in awe. "This guy's a lot better."
"Yeah," Addison agreed and snickered. "Only just now were you complaining about him."
"The guy literally hummed Santa Lucia while walking in," Jordan laughed.
"Giordano!" Giuseppe suddenly called. "What's so funny?"
Jordan looked around for said victim.
"I'm talking to you, Ginger," Giuseppe said, much to his surprise.
"You're done for," Addison quickly whispered.
"Sir, it's Jordan, not Giordano," Jordan pointed out, standing.
"Oh yeah, why don't you look up your name in Italiano?" Giuseppe countered.
Jordan turned to Addison. "So my name's actually Giordano? Like the brand? Wow!"
Mr. Galante shook his head in disgust. "One more time from you and you're out of my class. You got that, Capelli Rossi?"
"The name's Jordan!" Jordan muttered. "I'm sorry for laughing in your class, sir. It's just that, your teaching is so interesting and fun!"
"Flattery isn't gonna work on me, Jacob," Giuseppe deadpanned, turning back to the whiteboard.
"It's Jordan!" Jordan scowled, sitting back down.
The class went on, with Giuseppe sneaking glares at Jordan.