Chapter 79

"Get outta town, you never told me that you made it up with Jordan," Addison grinned as soon as Fiolina stepped in. "How did it go?"
"It went quite well, actually," Fiolina smiled, making her way to the snack section. "I was actually surprised. Did anything good happen last night?"
Addison frowned and remembered how awful Jordan looked, staying in his room all day long because of diarrhoea.
"I... I'm not sure," Addison chuckled sheepishly, scratching her head. "He was in his room all day, not even coming for class or even to work."
Fiolina nodded understandingly. "I see... maybe he is the Superhero, then." She sighed dreamily. "Ooh, this is a dream come true. The Superhero is my boyfriend! Aww!"
Addison snorted. "Now, Fio. It's just a hunch. But I feel like we hit the nail on the head this time."
Fiolina grinned. "He asked me out this Saturday!"
"Congratulations!" Addison smiled.

Jake came in to pick Addison up again.
"I don't know what happened but I'm glad that your relationship with Jordan has been mended," Jake smiled at Fiolina.
Fiolina chuckled. "Yeah, and thanks to you guys too. It must've been because of something you did last night."
Jake exchanged glances with Addison. The latter simply shrugged.
"Yeah, I guess it had something to do with that," Jake shrugged. He paid for the Itchy-Buns he got and turned back to Addison. "Let's go, Addie."
He waved at Fiolina and left with Addison.
"So he's in a better mood now?" Jake asked Addison as soon as they were out.
Addison nodded. "He is... and it's kinda... odd."
Jake frowned. "Yeah... very odd..." he looked as if he just remembered something. "By the way, Mom postponed the dinner to tomorrow instead. She forgot to get stuff."
"Oh, that's fine," Addison said. "Fiolina got him lunch."
They arrived at the black Kia Optima and got in.
"You wanna try speaking to Jordan later?" Addison asked.
Jake sighed, starting the car. "I... I don't know. Jordan's always been there for me. He was the one who comforted me after my father... my father's accident. But me... I... I don't even know what's going on with him.
"Jordan always knew what to do to cheer me up and here I am, clueless and totally bumped on what I should do to cheer him up."
Addison smiled wryly. "Jake, you tried. You really did. I saw how much you tried to help him. We all did."
"Then I guess I'm just not good at it, then..."
"Aww, don't say that, Jake. You're the one who gave me that idea to give him that journal and bookmark. He really likes it, he even sent me a text to thank me."
"I'm not the one who chose that bookmark," Jake pointed out. "It may have been my idea to get him something, but it was your idea to get him that journal."
Addison sighed. "It doesn't matter what I got for him, but I got it because you told me to. I wouldn't have gotten the idea to get him something. In fact, he's been giving me the cold shoulder too."
Jake said nothing as he drove on. Addison sighed and leaned back against the seat.

Addison and Jake made their way into the house. Jordan wasn't home yet since his car wasn't outside and so wasn't the red Fiat which was Giuseppe's.
"I'll come down later for class," Addison said as she entered her room.
She sat down on her bed and sighed. It was an okay day but still had room to become bad.
Addison decided to take a shower before sitting down to have her dinner. She had a quick conversation with her family as she ate.
"So he fixed things up with the girlfriend?" Alison asked. "But poor him... she threw the whole cup of iced coffee on him, didn't she?"
"Yeah, she did," Addison sighed. "But she was sorry for it, even crying to me about it when she came in for work."
Edward frowned. "I don't know about this Jordan guy but if my girlfriend throws coffee at me on a bad day at work while there's some crisis going on, I would dump her. This boy must be super kind."
He received a sharp nudge from his wife. "So you're saying that you'd dump me over a fight?!"
Edward groaned. "Honey, we're married, with wife and kids. We also have a mutual understanding with each other and have spent literal decades with each other. These kids have known each other for less than one year."
Alison calmed down. "Oh. Then I guess you're right."
Addison chuckled. "Good save, Dad."
"What can I say?" Edward grinned. "I had to."
Addison snorted and bade them goodbye before hanging up.
Now she had Galante Class to go to.

Jake was already there, sitting there with his glasses on. Giuseppe and Jordan were nowhere to be seen.
"Where's Galante?" Addison asked as she sat down in front of him.
Jake shrugged. "Not really sure. He isn't replying to my texts."
Addison frowned and took her phone out. Turns out, he shot her a text.
"He told me something," Addison frowned as she read the message.
Have to settle something
No class today
Tell Jake too
Addison looked up at Jake, a smile on her face. "Oh. It seems there's no class today."
"Oh," Jake took his glasses off. "Well... then I guess I'll be doing some studying of my own."
Addison nodded. "Yeah, same here."
She lifted her bag and waved at Jake before making her way to the stairs in the living room.
To her surprise, the front door burst open. Addison let out a shriek, staggering a little.
It was Jordan, clad in his hoodie with a brown paper bag in his hand, his name written on it in all caps.
"Hey, Jordan," Addison greeted, backing away slightly. "How was work?"
"Can I know why you gave me this?" Jordan asked, holding the paper bag up.
Addison simply shrugged. "Just felt like it."
And then she ran up the stairs and to her room.
She wondered why Jordan was late but didn't wanna ask, afraid that she might ruin the smooth 'recovery'.
And now Galante was missing too.
Addison just shrugged and went to her room, meaning to do a small study session before going to sleep.

A loud banging noise suddenly came. It jolted Addison awake, almost throwing her off the bed.
What was that sound?
Addison got up and slowly crept towards the door to look. She slowly opened the door, barely a crack, and peeked out just in time to see Giuseppe's door slamming shut. Addison quietly closed the door and went to the nightstand, looking at the time on her phone.
It was one a.m.
Addison shrugged and went back to sleep.