Chapter 66

Addison gulped as she slowly tiptoed her way into the house. She wasn't sure if Giuseppe was at home since his car was usually parked in the garage now.
She looked around to make sure that Galante wasn't anywhere about and saw Felicia doing something in the kitchen. Addison quickly went over.
"Felicia!" Addison called, startling her landlady.
"Oh my gosh, Addie!" Felicia gasped. She soon relaxed and turned around. "What is it, honey?"
"Is Galante back yet?" Addison asked.
"Galante? Oh, you mean Giuseppe," Felicia chuckled. "I'm... not really sure, to be honest. He's a lot quieter lately."
"Oh..." Addison nodded. "What about Jordan?"
Felicia shrugged and went right back to her baking. Addison sighed and started making her way to the living room to go up to her room.
Jordan arrived.
Addison looked at him in surprise. "You're early."
"Why, is it wrong to come in early?" Jordan countered.
"No no, it's just... unusual, that's all," Addison quickly said. "Anyway, see ya. I wanna go to my room."
She quickly ran up the steps to go to her room. 
Giuseppe was waiting for her at the landing.
Addison almost fell backwards onto the stairs.
"I've got a bone to pick with you, Addison Parker," Galante said.
Addison gulped. "Chi- Chicken bone?"
"Don't try to act funny now, Addie," Giuseppe crossed his arms. "Don't think I didn't notice how you rushed past me to run away with Jordan this morning. And don't think I didn't know that you were running away from me."
Addison felt her stomach sink. "Sir, I... I can explain."
"There's no need to explain now," Giuseppe sighed. "Why did you guys speed like that? What if something misfortunate happened? And you two are my best students too."
A gasp came from somewhere behind Addison. She turned around and saw Jordan at the foot of the steps, staring at Giuseppe with his mouth agape.
"And you, Redhead, are in serious trouble too," Giuseppe said, brushing past Addison to go down to the steps. "You knew I was following you and still floored it, didn't ya, Signor Anderson?"
To their surprise, Galante dragged Jordan up the stairs by his ear. Addison decided that it was best to make an exit.
She still listened in by pressing her ear towards the door.
"Just because I always make fun of you, that doesn't mean I have anything against you," she heard Giuseppe say. "And also, I'm not gonna play with your grades like what the two of you said this morning."
"How did he know?" Addison muttered to herself.
"Sir, how did you know about that?" Jordan asked too.
"I have eyes and ears everywhere," Galante said. "And also, you guys don't have the softest voices in the world."
Addison sighed and continued to listen in.
"What you pulled off this morning could've landed both of us in jail for breaking traffic law," Giuseppe scolded. "Next time, don't speed. I wasn't even chasing you."
"But you said you were driving at seventy kilometres per hour?"
"It's true because I was trying to stop you from speeding but you practically... SPRINTED!"
"Oh wow..." Addison murmured again.
"I'm just sorry, Sir," Jordan finally said. "I won't try to run away from you again."
There was a slight pause. "Good. Also, where's that friend of yours? She has to see me for tuition later."
Addison groaned.
"Are you coming for it?" Giuseppe continued. "Because it's been a while since I saw your face down there with us."
Addison smirked.
"Fine, Sir, I'll come," Jordan sighed. "But now I need to take a shower and change into something more comfortable."
Giuseppe only grunted in reply. Addison then heard the two men walking back to their rooms and went to her bed, sitting down to process everything for a moment before making her way to the bathroom to shower.

"That's one very eventful day, Addie," Madison remarked, eating some popcorn as she spoke to Addison. "That Galante guy chased you too?"
Addison nodded, eating her personal pizza. "I know right. And then he just started dragging Jordan up the stairs, by the ear."
Madison snorted. "What else? The Superhero showed up and asked you to feed a dog?"
Addison shook her head. "Superhero and I didn't cross paths today."
"Oh..." Madison nodded. "Any idea what he actually did today?"
"No clue... haven't watched the news yet."
"Maddie, where's that last pack of popcorn?" Edgar suddenly chimed in, entering the camera view. He suddenly gasped. "Maddie! You're eating it alone?! But you already ate the previous one! I didn't even eat!"
Addison sighed when her younger siblings started quarrelling over a pack of popcorn. She eventually finished her burger and stood up, holding her phone.
"Alright, guys," Addison said. "You guys go on about your popcorn, I have to go down for Galante class now."
The siblings waved at her and Addison just hung up with a chuckle. She grabbed her things and went down.

Addison made her way to the dining hall and was surprised to see Jordan sitting in front of Jake. She snorted and sat down next to him.
"So... you actually came!" Addison grinned. She turned to the front and saw Galante glaring at her. "Evening, Mr. Galante."
"Yes, and don't try to run away again," Giuseppe frowned.
"Okay, I have no idea what happened but..." Jake sighed. "What did the two of you do?"
Jordan and Addison started explaining but nothing was heard since they were both saying two things at a time.
"Enough about that, let's begin our class," Giuseppe finally said. "And today is a little special since we finally have Jordan with us."
Everyone turned to Jordan who just sat silently.
"You okay, buddy?" Jake asked. "I couldn't ask you the past few days since you sorta... shut me off. But since you're here..."
"I'm fine, why do people keep asking me this?!" Jordan snapped, slapping his hand onto the table. "First Addie and now you?! Even Mr. Italian asked me."
"Jordan!" Addison gasped.
"What, do I not look okay to you guys or something?" Jordan went on. "Do I look like a sick mental case to you guys?"
"Jordan, we're just concerned," Jake chimed in. "You just come in, sulking around and when I ask you, you just shove me off. Jordan, I'm your friend. I'm worried about you. I'm not sure if you understand this but... you're freaking me out, buddy."
"So what if I am?" Jordan countered. "Am I disturbing you? Did I bother you? No! I'm just going on with my days and that's strange to you guys?"
"Jordan, it just isn't like you to act like this," Addison piped up. "At least tell us what's bothering you."
Jordan let out a humourless chuckle. "I'm creeping you guys out, aren't I? That's it. I'm leaving. Peace!"
With that, he got up and stormed off to his room.
"Well, that wasn't what I expected..." Jake said, shocked. "I've... I've never seen him act like this before. And I've known him for like a decade now."
"Well, I guess life's full of surprises now, isn't it?" Giuseppe remarked closing his book. He heaved a drawn-out sigh. "You guys still wanna have tuition tonight?"
His students didn't say anything.
"Okay, class dismissed," Giuseppe sighed and got up. "You guys rest for the night."
With that, he grabbed his things and left.
"Well, that didn't sound very good," Addison said, turning to Jake. She frowned when she noticed how he was still quite shocked. "Jake, come on. Don't worry about it."
Jake sighed and got up. "I can't, Addie. I need to know what's going on in that thick head of his."
"We'll never know unless he says it himself," Addison shrugged. "Go get some sleep, Jake. You have to go to school tomorrow."
Jake nodded and left. Addison went up to her room too.