Chapter 59

Addison sighed and sat down on the chair in front of Jake, kinda annoyed at having a class with Galante yet again.
"Where's Jordan?" Giuseppe asked, seeing how the redhead wasn't with them.
"Who knows?" Addison shrugged. "Saw him speeding by the bus stop just now."
"But he isn't home yet," Jake added, putting his glasses on. "Anyway, looks like we have to start without him, right?"
Addison inwardly groaned and took her things out to start. Galante started giving them a dictation for a good sample essay and Jake wondered why he was giving them a dictation since they could just copy it.
"No, copying wouldn't work since nothing enters the brain if you just blindly copy," Galante remarked. "Dictation not only helps you listen to what I'm saying but also makes you understand what you're writing. Understand?"
"Yes, Sir," the two students nodded.
"Good, now we continue," Galante said, going right back to reading the essay aloud with his Italian accent.
Addison found the way he pronounced certain words kinda entertaining as she wrote down word for word what he was reading out.
"Finally, done..." Jake sighed, looking at his essay. "My hand hurts!"
Addison frowned. It was because of him they were both suffering from Extra Galante classes.
"Alright, rest for five minutes," Giuseppe said, reaching for the snacks that Felicia had distributed earlier. "By the way, Jake. It's nice of your mother to give us some of her snacks while we have our class."
"I know right?" Jake smirked, grabbing a handful of cookies. "Very nice of her. I don't really get this often though, only because of class."
Addison smirked. Now she knew why Jake was so excited about having extra tuition every night. She stuffed her face as politely as she could and drank some of the apple juice to wash it down.
"Alright, your five minutes is up, let's continue," Galante said, much to their dismay.
They dutifully pushed the snacks aside and grabbed their pens and paper to write when a loud sound came from outside. It was the front door being slammed open, followed by loud footsteps.
"Jordan," Jake said without looking. "For sure, it's definitely him."
Addison leaned forward to take a look and to her surprise, it really was Jordan.
"You're right, it's him," Addison chuckled.
Giuseppe took a look too. "He looks as if he's been through a war zone or something."
"What?" Jake said in surprise, getting up to take a look.
Addison and Giuseppe eagerly waited as Jake left the room. He eventually came back, looking rather confused, and sat down next to the lecturer again.
"What happened?" Addison asked.
"I have no idea," Jake shrugged. "He looked kinda tired and sorta just pushed me off, going up the steps."
"Maybe he just had a rough day at work?" Addison suggested.
"Yeah, his boss is kind of an annoying one," Giuseppe added. "She took my order once and I had a special request of no foam but more milk in my Mochaccino and she flipped, saying that I was ruining her life. I was even willing to pay extra for the milk!"
"Sounds about right," Jake shrugged. "I once went there one Saturday just to disturb Jordan during work—I ordered something, by the way—and I saw how annoying she was. She was scolding poor Jordan in front of me, a customer."
"Poor Jordan..." Addison sympathised. "I once surprised him during work with my friend, his now girlfriend, and it was fine then. Maybe the boss wasn't in yet since he seemed kinda happy, even hitting on my friend."
"He hit on your friend?" Giuseppe asked in surprise. "Your friend is his girlfriend?"
Jake shot her a look as if to say 'DO SOMETHING, YOU IDIOT!'
Addison cleared her throat. "Yeah, because my friend... she's a very nice girl. Yeah."
"Not gonna lie, I thought he was your boyfriend," Giuseppe smirked. "But you're telling me he has a girlfriend that isn't you."
"Yeah, we're just friends," Addison said again. "We shared a few classes and I carpool with him. That's all. Anyway... these cookies are good..."
Jake took the cue and started talking about his mother's signature cookies, making Galante interrupt their conversation and make them get back to their tuition.

Addison wondered about Jordan, even writing her findings down in her 'detective book' as she called it. It just made her feel as if she was a real detective investigating around. Well, it was just a bit of a pastime that she kinda took seriously but didn't tell anyone about it.
She eventually closed the book and put it aside before calling her mother for her daily talk.

***

"Are you okay?" Addison asked when she met with Jordan in the kitchen. "You seem kinda tired yesterday... didn't join tuition too."
"Yeah, I'm fine," Jordan nodded, sipping his coffee. "Just had a rough day, that's all."
"So, Jordan!" The two of them jumped when the voice suddenly came. They turned around to see Giuseppe come in, the slightest smirk on his face. "You skipped my class yesterday?"
"Tired, sir," Jordan smiled sheepishly. "Had a rough day."
"Cause of work?" Giuseppe asked. "I'm not really sure what you're going through, but your boss is an annoying person."
"Yeah... I know right..." Jordan sighed. "She might've crawled her way straight outta hell."
Addison just chuckled and turned around to fill her thermos up with hot green tea.
"So the two of you go to work together?" Giuseppe asked.
"Yeah, Addie carpools with me," Jordan stated before drinking his coffee. "It's no trouble since we live in the same place and go to the same place."
Giuseppe nodded. "Makes sense. Anyway, I have to get going. Or else it might end up like yesterday, late for class."
"Uh sure, Mr. Galante," Jordan said. "Bye!"
"Bye, the two of you," Giuseppe waved.
"Bye, Sir," Addison and Jordan waved.
As soon as he left, Jordan heaved a huge sigh of relief. "Good riddance!"
"Yeah, but we're still gonna see him at school later," Addison pointed out, closing her bottle and stuffing it into her bag.
Jordan smirked. "Think again, Addie. We don't have Academic Writing today, remember?"
Addison gasped. "Yes!"
They made their way outside and got into Jordan's car, getting straight to college. They were surprised that Giuseppe had left so quickly since the Fiat was nowhere to be seen.