Chapter 90

Fiolina looked at Addison in surprise when she came in with Jeff.
"I thought you went to the bank?" Fiolina piped up. "But you're here with this guy."
Jeff only smiled in reply before turning to go to the snack aisle. Addison chuckled and sat down at the table, taking her phone out to text Jake to ask when he was coming. He didn't reply, nor was he online.
"What time is that blond guy coming to pick you?" Fiolina asked, leaning over the counter.
"Is he even coming?" Jeff piped up, appearing with a packet of puppy food and potato chips. "Addie, it's getting pretty late, you sure he's coming?"
Addison shrugged. "I'm not sure."
Jeff frowned and placed whatever he took on the counter before turning to her. "Tell him you're getting home yourself."
"Yeah, I was thinking of taking the bus too," Addison sighed, turning her phone off as she got up.
"No, not the bus," Jeff shook his head. "You're coming with me."
"What?!" Addison gasped.

Addison could just about feel Fiolina gazing out the window as she waited for Jeff to bring his bike. He eventually zoomed up, clad in a full-face helmet, and motioned for her to get on.
"I don't have an extra helmet now, so hold on properly," Jeff's muffled voice said as Addison mounted the bike.
"Aren't there handles or something?" Addison asked, her hands reaching for the back of the seat.
"My sister fell off the bike once by doing that," was all Jeff needed to say for her to grab onto his jacket, nearly strangling him.
"Addie, I have Superhero under the coat so be careful," Jeff pointed out.
"Well, he isn't under your collar now, is he?" Addison countered.
Jeff just shook his head and started riding. He rode quite slowly and eventually they arrived back at Addison's place.
"Better call Jake and ask him where he is," Jeff said, taking his helmet off. "And tell him that you're back home."
Addison nodded. "Yeah, I'll tell him. Poor Jake too, his boss is pretty gruesome, I heard."
"I can tell," Jeff nodded. "Seeing how he's always late."
Addison sighed. "Yep." She took her bag off to take her keys out. "Well, I guess I better go. You better get home and rest too."
Jeff nodded. "Yeah. And if Jake is late or doesn't show up, don't hesitate to give me a call. Don't take the bus. Okay?"
"Jeff, please," Addison shook her head. "Don't trouble yourself because of me."
Jeff gave her a knowing smirk and nodded. "Fine, then. You're this confident just because the Superhero is here to save your butt, right?"
Addison shrugged. "Well, he never failed so far."
"Yeah, but he might," Jeff pointed out before putting his helmet on again, opening the visor so that he could see her. "Anyway, yeah. I better go. See you at work tomorrow."
Addison waved as he sped into the night and took out her keys before making her way into the house. To her surprise, Jake was already there, fast asleep on the couch. At this point, it didn't even bother her that he didn't reply to her texts, seeing how he was completely exhausted.
Felicia suddenly entered the room, holding the two puppies. Addison chuckled and went over.
"How are Freesia and Frida?" Addison asked. "They aren't any trouble are they?"
Felicia chuckled, shaking her head. "Not these darlings. How did you get back today, Addie? I was about to give you a call to tell you that Jake's home."
"My friend happened to be around so he dropped me," Addison shrugged, reaching for one of the puppies. "Come here, doggy."
"How's the third one?" Felicia asked, smiling as she pet one of the puppies' fur. "Your friend liked him?"
Addison chuckled. "Oh yeah, he adores the puppy. The puppy adores Jeff too. He was the one that dropped me home. Jeff named the dog Superhero after I told him that he was rescued by the actual Superhero."
"That's a sweet name," Felicia chuckled. "Anyway, I don't think Jake is gonna come for class later." She motioned towards the sleeping Jake. "Poor thing's exhausted."
Addison frowned as she processed this information. "So... no Galante class for me too?"
"No, no, you learn," Felicia shook her head. "Don't hesitate to join just because Jake isn't joining."
"Is Jordan joining at least?"
"I asked him just now and he said he will. After a shower, that is."
Addison sighed. "Well, at least he's joining."
She returned the puppy to Felicia and made her way up to her room. She looked at the time and groaned, seeing how late it was, how her Saturday was already coming to an end.
Well, at least she had Sunday.
Addison sighed and made her way to the bathroom to take a shower before going downstairs for class.

No one had to say anything about the class but Jordan already knew the class was cancelled.
"Addie, something's going on downstairs," he told Addison on the phone.
"What do you mean?" Addison asked, puzzled as she grabbed her bag. "Also, why are you phoning me when you're right here?"
"Because... there's something happening downstairs, something you should see. Something that clearly states there's no class tonight without a single spoken word."
"Don't go all linguistics on me and wait a while," Addison sighed, opening the door. "I'm hanging up now because I'm almost reaching the stairs."
Addison hung up and pocketed her phone as she went towards the stairs. She spotted the redhead standing at the very bottom, staring at something going on in the living room with wide eyes. Addison quickly went down to have a look.
"I'm the hero!" Giuseppe exclaimed, standing on the coffee table with his shoes on. "Sono un eroe!"
"Oh no..." Addison said in surprise. "Galante is drunk again?!"
"Yep," Jordan said without turning away from Giuseppe, who started to sing a superhero movie theme.
Felicia suddenly showed up, holding a frying pan. "Mr. Galante, what is the meaning of this?!"
"Mrs. Kennedy!" Giuseppe excitedly leapt onto the sofa closest to Felicia, startling her. "Viva Felicia!" 
Felicia swung her frying pan at him and hit his arm, causing him to lose balance and fall onto the carpet. Giuseppe got up and climbed onto the coffee table again, making strange stances as if to fight.
"No way he's gonna win against Felicia," Jordan grinned, eagerly watching. "She'll skin him alive!"
Addison nodded and watched their lecturer's actions. Giuseppe stretched his arm forward, but Felicia countered it with her frying pan, much to their amusement. But then, he suddenly grabbed the vase from the TV cabinet and made as if he wanted to throw it at her. The youngsters immediately went over to stop him from causing any more damage. Jordan pulled him from the table, holding him off as he mumbled protests in Italian. Addison efficiently rescued the vase and handed it to Felicia.
"Throw him out!" Felicia ordered, running towards the front door. Jordan threw Giuseppe out with difficulty as soon as she opened the door. "And stay out, you drunk fool! There's no space for you in this house, not anymore." She shouted, pointing her frying pan at the heap of Galante outside before slamming the door shut and securing the deadbolt.
Addison gulped as she looked at the glass coffee table Giuseppe had been dancing on. The once sleek and transparent surface was now adorned with a large web of cracks.
"Umm... Felicia?" Addison called in a fearful tone, going towards the older woman. "You better not put anything heavy on your coffee table."
"What?" Felicia whisked over, ignoring Giuseppe's incoherent pleas from the porch. She gasped when she looked at what Addison was pointing at. "Oh my gosh! My table!"
"What's going on?" Everyone turned at the sound of Jake's voice. The blond walked out of his room, trying to dry his damp hair with a towel, giving the pan in Felicia's hands a quizzical look. "I heard a loud commotion while I was in the shower. What did I miss? And why is Mom holding a frying pan?"
"Well, imagine this," Jordan sighed, dusting his hands as he came over. "Your good friend Giuseppe? He came home drunk, stood on the coffee table, singing and shouting 'I'm a hero!' in both English and Italian, and then Felicia smacked him with a frying pan, causing him to fall, and then Galante tried to go Karate on her, then grabbed that vase to throw at her, then finally we threw him out."
"Let me in!" Giuseppe shouted, banging on the front door.
"He's still outside?" Jake asked in surprise.
"Don't worry, he'll eventually go to a hotel once he's sober enough," Felicia frowned. "He might as well book a few more nights, I'm evicting him in the morning."
"He also broke the coffee table," Addison said, pointing at the cracked table, at the brink of shattering into a million pieces. "By dancing on it."
"Wow, and people thought I was a menace when drunk," Jordan smirked, eyeing Felicia. "Galante's worse!"
Felicia placed the vase back onto the TV cabinet. "Well, I guess you were right then, Addie. No Galante class for everyone tonight."
Jordan gave Addison a grin of excitement. Addison returned it but didn't feel the same excitement as he was feeling.
"Well, it was a long day, and I better rest for the night," Addison smiled, going over to the stairs. "I'll be down in the morning to see what happens."
With that, she gave them a wave and went up the stairs.