Chapter 81

Jeff was surprised when Addison called in, laughing.
"Okay, what happened?" Her coworker asked, a slight smirk on his face. "You seem happy."
"I managed to get a funny picture of Jordan scowling like a child," Addison chuckled. "It was fun, especially since he asked me not to send it to his girlfriend."
"Did you send it to her though?" Jeff smirked.
Addison shook her head. "Nah. I'm not that mean. But I'm glad that he's coming around now."
Jeff shrugged. "Maybe it's because the Superhero hasn't made an appearance these past few days."
Addison's eyes widened in surprise. "Wait, really? I just realised."
"Yeah, because you were more interested in the Superhero's real life compared to his hero life," Jeff snorted. "Bet you a nickel, he's gonna appear tonight."
Addison shrugged, nodding. "Who knows? Maybe he will."
Jeff smirked, making his dimple show. "He might. He just might." But then he frowned. "But he might not. What if Hoodie just wants to chill after... after all the commotion that happened?"
Addison nodded in agreement. "Oh yeah, you're right..."
She grabbed something to eat before her shift and sat down at her usual post.

Addison had to go to the bus stop since Jake had something to do. She was eager to see if the Superhero was around, especially since Jordan seemed to be in a better mood now.
Then again, maybe not.
The bus arrived and she got in, seating herself with her bag in front of her. Addison looked out the window, admiring the city under the glow of streetlights. The stop had no stops too, considering how there wasn't a single traffic light on the way.
All of a sudden the bus jerked to a stop. Addison quickly sprang up just in time to see a flash of light disappearing on the road's shoulder.
"What happened?" Addison asked.
"The Superhero rescued something," the driver answered, still shocked. "Or someone... I didn't see what it was."
Addison sat down again. "A life. That's what he saved."
The bus started moving again and soon stopped at the stop nearest to the Kennedy home. Addison got out and walked the rest of the way home.

"Addie, I thought you were coming home with Jake?" Felicia asked as soon as Addison stepped in.
"No, he said he's been held up at work," Addison said. "So I came back by bus."
Felicia sighed. "Yeah, that work of his..." she shook her head.
Addison nodded understandingly. "Yeah... poor Jake..." The scent of something burning filled the air. "Felicia, do you smell that?"
Felicia gasped and started running to the kitchen. "Oh my gosh! It's the chicken! Addie, don't forget to come down later for dinner, okay?"
"Okay!" Addison grinned to herself and went up the stairs. 'Free feast tonight.' She thought to herself.

"Have you eaten?" Alison asked, looking at her daughter from the screen of her phone.
"Not yet," Addison grinned. "My landlady is making us a feast."
"Ah..." Edwards smirked, entering the chat. "Free feast, eh?"
Addison snorted. "Yep. She's a really nice landlady. More like a mother, actually."
"That's nice," Alison smiled. "At least I know you're safe there."
"Aww, Mom..." Addison chuckled. "But still, though. She doesn't cook as good as you."
"You're right, no one does," Alison smirked. "I'll make you peach cobbler when you come home for semester break."
The smell of Felicia's cooking somehow made its way into Addison's room.
"Yeah, but now I have to eat Felicia's," Addison grinned. "Bye! I need to see what kinda drama's gonna go on."
"I see... Jordan and that teacher of yours," Edward nodded. "Right, right. That makes sense."
Addison snorted and got up, lifting her phone. "Yep, it's gonna be entertaining."
She hung up and went downstairs.

Jake was already at his usual spot at the dinner table. Addison sat down in front of him.
"So where are the rest?"
Jake shrugged. "Not sure. Jordan says he's on his way... not sure about Giuseppe."
"You know, I still can't process the fact that you're on a first-name basis with our lecturer?" Addison sighed.
Jake smirked. "Do you even know how old he is?"
"Forty?" Addison guessed.
"He's twenty-six."
Addison's eyes widened with surprise. "You know that?"
"He told me," Jake smirked. "But I think it's no surprise, seeing how he doesn't even look all that old. Seriously, forty? Addie, how could you?"
Addison shrugged and turned to the kitchen to see what Felicia was doing.
"I'm gonna go help Mom bring in the food," Jake got up. "You wanna help too?"
Addison got up and followed him to the kitchen. Her eyes lit up at the amount of food on the kitchen table as she helped Jake bring them to the dining hall. Jordan walked in, looking a little tired, but still happy.
"Felicia's serving dinner?" Jordan asked, a hint of a smile on his face.
"Yep, roasted chicken and potato salad," Jake grinned. "Mom's signature."
"Ooo..." Jordan's mouth started watering. "Am I invited?"
"Sure you are," Addison chuckled. "All the tenants are."
A little bit of colour left Jordan's face. "All? As in Galante too?"
Jake hid a smirk. "Yes."
"But he's not home yet, so it's best if we eat quickly," Addison piped up.
Jordan quickly nodded in agreement. "Yes. I second to that."
They all sat down and started having their hearty dinner. All was well, with them happily chattering and laughing. Even Addison had something to say as they ate.
All of a sudden, loud footsteps came. But they weren't as loud as Jordan's.
"Oh look, it's Giuseppe," Jake grinned leaning forward to look. "Hi!"
Jordan groaned and just stared at his food as the Italian man came in and sat down beside, Jake.
"Hello, everyone," Giuseppe greeted humbly, nodding at each of them. "Mrs. Kennedy, Jacob." He paused when he looked at Addison and Jordan. "Addie, Jordan."
Addison quickly nodded, a small smile on her face, while Jordan just continued staring at his plate.
"Yeah, Jordan's just really tired and... hungry," Addison sheepishly stated.
Jordan turned to look at her, a slight frown on his face. Addison just went back to her plate and continued to eat.
The meal went on fine, with Jordan inhaling everything on his plate as fast as he politely can before excusing himself. Addison soon followed and went upstairs to go to her room.
"Addison!" A hushed voice called.
Addison turned to look and saw Jordan peeking out at her behind his door.
"What is it?" Addison asked, going towards him.
"Can you send me your notes for Academic Writing? I didn't manage to get one of last week's questions."
Addison nodded. "Sure."
She went to her room and came out with her file. She handed it to Jordan, who flipped through it.
"Great, just need the question and notes," Jordan grinned when he found the essay he wanted before pulling out his phone and snapping a picture of the handwritten work. He looked at the picture he took, made sure it was clear enough to be read, then handed it back to her. "Aight, thanks."
Addison nodded and took it before returning to her room.
Everything was back to normal now, with Jordan bothering her for notes instead of sulking around, both of them trying to dodge bumping into Galante.
It was all cool now. Superhero or not, Jordan was back to normal.