Chapter 49

Addison went towards the front bench for Academic Writing, being the first one to arrive.
Or so she thought.
Jordan was already there, looking through his work as he sat right at the front.
"A miracle has happened," Addison joked as she sat down next to him.
"What happened?" Jordan asked, looking up from his books.
"You're early, that's what happened."
Jordan rolled his eyes. "Seriously?"
"You're never early, Jordan. You know that."
"Fine... maybe I just enjoy Academic Writing more now that Galante is nice to me, okay?"
"Well well, what do we have here?" The students turned to the front and saw Galante walk in with his work bag, a very slight smirk on his face. "Only two students and Jordan is one of them?"
Addison snorted. "That's why I told him a miracle happened, Sir."
"A miracle indeed," Galante agreed with a short nod.
Jordan glared at her, frowning. Addison just smirked and took her things out to start class. Galante suddenly approached them, towering over their bench.
"Have you guys finished your essays on Knowing Another Language?" Galante asked, looking at the two of them.
Addison nodded and handed her large book to him. Galante turned it over and bent over to check hers before moving to Jordan's.
"Your handwriting is improving," Galante remarked, making a long tick at the end of the probe before flipping it. "You went for writing classes or something?"
"No, I just wasn't in a rush when doing this essay," Jordan shrugged. "And was in a better mood too."
Galante nodded exaggeratedly. "I see. So there's no need for that mood ring you're wearing, right?"
"How did you know it was a mood ring?" Jordan asked in surprise.
"You wear a mood ring?" Addison asked, just as surprised.
"Yeah, but the colour doesn't even change," Jordan shrugged, staring at the blue line on his finger. "It's always been this blue."
"Did you try submerging it in hot water?" Giuseppe asked.
"Yeah, but it was still blue..." Jordan shrugged. "Only changed slightly darker. Slightly."
"I still think you don't need it," Giuseppe smirked. "Your handwriting's enough of a 'mood ring' for you."
"True," Addison said, much to Jordan's surprise. "Your handwriting really shows your emotions, Jordan."
Jordan just shrugged and watched Galante mark his papers.
"Put them in a file, Jordan," Galante remarked, closing his pen. "It's a bit disorganised, don't you think?"
'Of course, it's Jordan. What do you expect?' Addison thought to herself.
"Okay, Sir," Jordan nodded. "I'll file these immediately."
Addison chuckled and went through her checked work.
"Addie, can you follow me to the cooperative shop later?" Jordan suddenly said.
Addison frowned. "Why? You can go by yourself, right? It's right next to Sundeer too."
"Yeah, but still?" Jordan shrugged.
"Addie, he's scared," Giuseppe smirked from the front, setting up the projector. "Just go with him."
Addison was a little surprised that he was calling her Addie instead of Addison. Then again, she did feel strange when people called her by her full name.
"I'm not scared..." Jordan muttered as he gathered the papers to put back into the folder he had. Addison just frowned as he stuffed the crumpled papers into the transparent file which was at the brink of bursting a seam.
"Okay, you definitely need a new file," Addison sighed. "Jordan. How do you even keep track of your work from different classes?"
Jordan just shrugged. More students then shuffled in and Galante started the class.

"Seriously, I have no idea why I even have to come with you," Addison sighed as she went towards the cooperative shop with Jordan. "You can just go by yourself, right?"
"Yeah, but I don't know my way around this shop," Jordan smirked, pushing the door open. "You came here a bunch, Addie. I've only been here once."
Addison sighed and followed him inside the shop. Of course, she couldn't resist spending money for herself by taking the cute bookmarks and notebooks.
"Addie... where are the files and foolscap paper?" Jordan asked, not knowing what he was supposed to do while she shopped. "Just tell me, I'll get 'em myself."
Addison shook her head. "No, I'm coming. I need to get some foolscap too."
She was finally done with it and led him to the shelves of foolscap paper and files. They both took whatever they needed before making their way to the counter to pay.
"Want me to drive you to work?" Jordan asked when Addison parted ways with him right after leaving the cooperative shop.
"Nah, it's okay," Addison waved. "I'll take the free bus. Drops me right in front of the shop too."
Jordan just shrugged and waved back, entering the Sundeer Cafe that was right next to him. Addison chuckled and exited the building, crossing the parking lot to get to the bus stop. As she crossed, she noticed the red Fiat was no longer there. She just shrugged and went to the bus stop, sitting down on the cold metal bench.
The weather was windy, a cold gentle breeze blew and Addison could just about smell the rain. She looked up at the sky and saw heavy clouds looming up.
'I feel a storm is coming,' Addison smirked, thinking about the quote of a famous fighting game character. She chuckled to herself and watched for the bus.

"Yo!" Jeff greeted enthusiastically.
Addison snorted. "Jeff."
"You're late," Jeff informed.
"I know, I had to go to the cooperative shop to get a few things," Addison put her bag down on the table and made her way to the food warmer. "By the way, you're back to your old ways, huh?"
"What do you mean?" Jeff asked, looking slightly worried and confused.
Addison turned to him and circled her eyes with a finger before turning back to the microwave. Jeff understood and started laughing.
"Yes, because now I can play around, unlike the time I had that stupid assignment. Also, how's that Hoodie fella doing with that other chick that works here?"
"They're doing good, but Jake doesn't like her any more than you do," Addison shrugged, closing the microwave. "I told him that you, my coworker, didn't really like her and he agreed without even knowing he knew you. Also, how is he at school? Always eating Itchy-Bun."
"Always. That's why I say he's the Superhero."
"Why? Is there any other evidence? Jeff, even I eat those buns. I'm not the Superhero now, am I?"
"I wouldn't know that, Addie," Jeff smirked. "For all I know, you're able to multiply and have two of you showing in the CCTV footage the other day."
"Hey!"
"I was just joking! Also yeah, you've got a point. But I'm telling you! Jacob's definitely the Superhero!"
Addison just sighed, coming to the counter to pay. The nightmare she had the night before came into her mind.
"You know, because of your stupid statement and Jake's, I got a nightmare last night?"
"What did you dream?" Jeff eagerly asked, scanning the things she got.
Addison told him over her meal and he listened, even stealing a tin of breath mints to substitute popcorn.
"And yeah, they combined into one being and disappeared, Superhero-style."
"Wow, that's intense," Jeff remarked, biting into another breath mint. "And all this because I told you he was suspicious?"
"And because he told me that the new tenant is suspicious," Addison frowned. "I dunno, maybe it was just stuck in my mind. Also, why are you eating breath mints?"
Jeff smirked and kept popping breath mints into his mouth. "Well, it's the closest I have to popcorn. Also, it tastes good."
"Jeff... you can just take one of the potato chips," Addison pointed out. "By the way, did you even pay for that?"
"Not yet," Jeff remarked, taking his wallet out to pay for it. "Also, these mints are good. I think I'll buy it more often."
"I'm actually surprised you haven't ended up with premature diabetes yet. Like... SlurpSlurp, junk food, and now this."
"Like I said, I workout burn all that sugar and carbs in me, so no biggie. You on the other hand..."
"What?" Addison looked up from her food.
"Nothing... just don't eat unhealthy stuff and exercise more," Jeff quickly said.
"I walk home after work, okay?" Addison pointed out.
"Not now since Jake is picking you up, right?"
Addison sighed. "Fine... I'll find the time."
"And eat salads instead of junk!"
"A bit rich coming from you, don't you think?"
Jeff just groaned in defeat and sat down on his stool.