Chapter 84

Fiolina came in a little late and sighed.
"What's wrong?" Addison asked.
Fiolina just shook her head. "It's nothing. There was a roadblock at Spinner's Street and yeah. I'm later than usual."
Addison sighed. "Well, it's no surprise. There's always something going on there and the police always block that part..."
"Yeah, but they let me through with no fuss, luckily," Fiolina shrugged, making her way to the snack section as usual. "Also, any update on who the Superhero is?"
"No clue..." Addison sighed. "The most I've seen of him is the bottom half of his face. Even that was only for a few seconds."
"Well, I hope it's Jordan because it sounds cool to be the Superhero's girlfriend," Fiolina chuckled, stuffing a few packs of potato chips and peanuts under the crook of her arm. "Then again, I don't mind if he isn't. Jordan's still a great guy."
Addison nodded. "Yeah. And I'm helping you keep an eye on him at home, okay."
"I'm fine with that as long as you don't betray me," Fiolina narrowed her eyes at her as she put whatever she took on the counter.
"Fio, he's like a brother to me, I assure you," Addison sighed, scanning Fiolina's things. "You can ask Jake about this too if you don't believe me."
"Ah," Fiolina nodded, taking out her card. "He's coming in later, right? I'll ask him then."
Addison chuckled and swiped Fiolina's against the reader before handing it back to her with the receipt. Her phone suddenly dinged beside her so she picked it up to see what it was.
A message from Jake.
Sorry Addie
But I have to stay back at work
Dumb coworkers went home and boss wants me to finish everything
"Darn, Jake isn't coming today," Addison informed, typing out a reply. "Looks like I have to walk home, then."
"Are you sure?" Fiolina asked. "Addie, it's raining. Just take a PickYou."
"Nah, there aren't any nearby," Addison sighed, checking her phone. "Besides, some PickYou guys are creepy. I once read a book where this girl almost got kidnapped by a PickYou driver! It was a good thing she had pepper spray with her so she managed to make a run for it."
Fiolina frowned. "Why do all of the books that you read have scenes like this?"
Addison shrugged. "I read a lot of mystery/thriller books, I guess."
Fiolina's shift soon started and Addison's ended. She clocked out, changed out of her uniform, and grabbed some food before leaving.
"Be safe, Addie," Fiolina sighed. "Don't end up in any trouble."
"I won't," Addison rolled her eyes. But then smirked when an idea hit her. "Superhero will be there to save me, remember?"
"Addie, don't be too hard on that poor guy," Fiolina groaned. "As it is, he has the whole Spring Valley to protect."
"I'm in Spring Valley, so he should know," Addison shrugged, opening her umbrella. "Anyway, see ya."
Fiolina waved at her. "Bye!"

Addison walked into the night, an umbrella above her head since it was lightly raining. The bus stop wasn't all that far but the bus was far, far away.
Addison groaned when she spotted the bus driving away into the distance. And how that meant she had to walk home in the rain. Addison sighed and walked on, passing the bus stop and making a beeline for the hated alleyway.
The night was actually really pretty, the halogen lights mysteriously above the streets, illuminating the roads as she walked along.
The loathed alleyway came and Addison entered, praying that the Superhero would come to her aid if she ever needed it. And hopefully, she wouldn't.
The walk through it was agonisingly long but Addison passed smoothly through it and arrived at the main road. It was very dark, a blackout throughout the stretch of the main road but at least the rain stopped.
'Someone should call the Electric Board,' Addison thought to herself as she closed the umbrella since the rain had stopped.
The junction to the Kennedy home wasn't for another few hundred meters but she decided to just cross now since she would have to do so eventually. She could barely see as she took her right and started crossing to the other side.
But as Addison was through the middle, a bright silhouette suddenly rushed towards her, grabbing her and translocating her to the side of the road. 
"Ah!" Addison yelled as a car quickly passed her and the Superhero. Chills ran down her spine as she realised.
A car was about to hit her and she did not see. Not only was it dark, but the psycho driver didn't turn on his lights.
The Superhero shook her shoulders gently, as if to see if she was okay. Addison nodded, panting.
"I'm okay," she finally said. "I'm sorry, I didn't see that car..."
Addison could only see the Superhero's silhouette as he shook his head. "Thanks for saving me again. That idiot would've turned me into Swiss Cheese..."
The Superhero let out a quiet sigh and let go of her. A strange smell suddenly filled Addison's nose, a smell that she only encountered at gatherings and among weirdos.
"Have you been drinking?" Addison asked, taking her phone out.
She turned the flashlight app on and shined it right at the Superhero's face. She gasped when she realised how his dark hoodie had wet stains on it and how the mask was above his head. But she was a little annoyed when Superhero had his hands covering his exposed face as he turned around and ran, disappearing into his light.
"Aww come on!" Addison groaned. "I was this close to seeing your face!"
She sighed and decided to use the light of her phone to walk the rest of the darkened street. Addison soon turned it off when she arrived on her street since the lights were fine there.

Addison let herself into the house and heaved a sigh of relief as she went up to her room. She tossed her bag onto the bed and sat down at her table to write down her findings.
Superhero was found to be an alcoholic.
Smells like liquor, but not sure which one.
Probably beer.
Addison closed the file and made her way to the bathroom to shower before going down for Galante class.
If it happens, that is.
Addison prayed that Giuseppe would cancel it for some unknown reason so that she wouldn't have to go down.
She checked her phone as soon as she got out of the shower, she checked her phone as soon as she changed into casual clothes. She even checked her phone for a third time that night after tying up her hair in a ponytail.
But alas, no news of a cancelled class came.
Addison sighed and grabbed her bag to go downstairs. She opened the door to leave the room but stopped short.