Chapter 86

Addison walked into the kitchen and saw Jordan sipping some hot cocoa.
"How's your hangover?" Addison asked as she made her way to the water dispenser.
Jordan scoffed. "Hangover? That's something you should be asking Galante, not me. Three beers aren't gonna get me a hangover, I was only a little tipsy."
Addison snorted. "I wonder what state he would be in at class later."
"He's probably gonna call in sick," Jordan shrugged. "I mean, he is unwell."
"Sounds about right," Addison chuckled and placed a green tea bag into her flask. "And good thing too. We won't be having class later."
The two of them cheered as they made their way to Jordan's car in the driveway. There wasn't a sign of Giuseppe nor did they see his car since he usually park in the garage.
"What should we have for breakfast this time?" Jordan asked.
Addison shrugged. "Wanna go to Pizza Land?"
"I was hoping you'd say that," Jordan grinned. "I really like their bread bowl soup."
"Same," Addison chuckled. "Let's go there."

"For some reason, I feel like Galante is gonna walk in through that door," Addison remarked as she ate.
"Please don't say that," Jordan pleaded. "Don't jinx it."
Addison nodded. "You should've seen how he fell into the house last night! He apparently fell down on the porch when he entered and that's the big sound we heard."
"Yeah, I heard it too," Jordan nodded. "I thought a bomb went off or something."
"And then he was slurring something in Italian," Addison added. "Oh... I really hope he doesn't walk into class like that later."
Jordan burst into laughter. "Oh, I'd love to see that, to be honest."
"Jordan! You want the poor guy to get fired?"
"Nothing bad in it for me," Jordan shrugged.
"Wellington might take over again."
Jordan gasped. "Okay, that's bad. I hope Galante picks himself up."
To his dismay, he suddenly spotted Giuseppe walking past the shop's window.
"Addie, I'm not sure if this is a good thing, but Galante is outside," Jordan gulped. "And it seems as if he's planning to enter."
"What?!" Addison panicked and turned to look.
But as she did, Giuseppe was no longer outside, but walking into the restaurant.
"Addie! Jordan!" Giuseppe cheerfully waved at them as he made his way to the counter to order.
The two immediately groaned.
"Oh, great," Addison sighed, placing a hand on her head as she sat hunched. "This is great."
"At least we can know if he's okay," Jordan shrugged. "If he isn't, we can just talk him out of going to work today."
"That's a good idea," Addison nodded thoughtfully.
So they sat, expecting Giuseppe to come up to their table and join them, and he eventually did.
"Ah, you guys are having bread bowl soup too," Giuseppe remarked as he sat beside Jordan. "I could really use one now, my head is killing me."
"Sir, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you even drink of what last night?" Jordan politely asked.
"I can't really remember but I think it was a mixture of whiskey and Amaro Averna," Giuseppe shrugged. "You know, Sicilian liquor?"
"Nope," both said in unison.
'Why does everything he do has to be something Italian?' Addison smirked to herself as she turned to her soup.
"Are you okay, Sir?" Jordan asked. "No... hangover?"
Giuseppe shrugged. "I'm beginning to regret it now, I am having a slight headache. I hope it will disappear after this." He pointed at his soup and coffee. "Maybe I'll come to Sundeer later for an Espresso."
Jordan nodded. "Sure, Sir."
"Again with the sir," Giuseppe sighed and started eating his meal. "You guys are literally my housemates. You have even seen me drunk and staggering."
Addison suppressed a giggle. This was true. Which student would get to see their lecturer drunk outside of campus? That was gold.
Then again, Addison wasn't sure she wanted to see that...
"So you guys now count as my friends," Giuseppe pointed out.
"Are you sure you'll be okay for class later, Sir?" Jordan piped up, seemingly innocent and oblivious to whatever he just said. "We don't have Academic Writing today, so we won't be there to help you, Sir."
Giuseppe sighed and just went on with his breakfast.

Jordan burst into laughter as soon as he met with Addison at the Speaking Skills hall.
"Okay, I still can't with the part where you kept repeating sir," Addison laughed as she sat down beside him. "Darn, Jordan."
"Well, yeah," Jordan snorted. "How do you expect me to call him by name? I still have no idea how Jake does it."
"It's because he doesn't see him as a lecturer, the Dean of the Business and Communications Department of Alford University," Addison shrugged. "He just sees him as another tenant that lives in his house, like you and I."
"That makes sense, I guess."

Addison went over to the bus stop, heaving a sigh of relief since she didn't have to stop by Sundeer to check on Jordan. Not only was it time-consuming, but it was also money-consuming. The drinks did not come cheap.
She got onto the free bus and rode straight to Spine Street, getting out and walking the rest of the way to the convenience store.
"Hi," Addison greeted as soon as she stepped in, tossing her bag at the table and making her way to the food warmers to get something to eat.
"No coffee today, so Hoodie's okay," Jeff quipped, pacing behind the counter.
Addison nodded, taking out a burger from the warmer. "Yep! And something funny happened last night."
"What happened?" Jeff asked, eagerly leaning over the counter to listen.
Addison went on to explain how she bumped into an alcohol-smelling Superhero the night before, only to come home to a drunk Jordan and Giuseppe.
"And yeah!" Addison chuckled, pulling out the nuked burger from the microwave. "I think Jordan wasn't really that drunk because he looked normal minutes later but Galante... he was a wreck!"
Jeff burst out laughing. "Oh wow... also how did you bump into the Superhero last night? You got yourself into more trouble, didn't you?"
Addison chuckled sheepishly, coming over to the counter to pay. "Well, if you count trying to cross a road in a blackout and not noticing a psycho driver speeding without headlights, then yes. I got myself into some trouble."
Jeff groaned, picking up the scanner to scan the bottle of tea she took. "Addie, seriously..."
"What, how would I know if a poser was coming in without headlights?" Addison reasoned. "Also, Superhero wasn't wearing his mask when he saved me."
Jeff gasped. "Did you see what he looked like?!"
"Well, he covered his face and ran off in the opposite direction before I could," Addison sighed. "He's so slippery as if he's been coated with oil."
"Reminds me of an old urban legend where strange men actually do coat themselves with oil to avoid getting caught," Jeff snorted. "Maybe Superhero does that too so that no one would get a glimpse of his face."
"That may be it," Addison shrugged, eating her burger.
Jeff started laughing. "Imagine him actually oiling up his face every night so that no one can see what he looks like."
"That would explain why I can't see his face even when his mask is off," Addison sighed. "This happened like twice already. First in the shop and again last night. I think his mask is heavy because it heavily shadows his face even when it's on his head."
"What's it made of?" Jeff snorted. "Brick?"
"Looked like porcelain," Addison frowned. "Seriously, Jeff? Brick?"
Jeff shrugged. "I honestly have no idea what masks are made of so don't blame me."
Addison finished eating and started getting ready for her shift.