Chapter 50

"Yo!" Fiolina grinned and walked into the shop.
"Hey," Addison greeted back, looking up from her work. "How was college?"
"Was good," Fiolina smirked and held up a Sundeer coffee cup. "Dropped at your place for coffee."
"How long is his shift anyway?" Addison understood what she was trying to say. "He always comes home late."
"I think around the same as your shift," Fiolina shrugged. "Because he goes to work right after classes, right?"
"Yeah. But he takes the morning shift on weekends, something that I should do too."
"Your friend is gonna kill you."
"Nah, I can't. He has class on Saturdays too. I'm not that bad of a person."
Fiolina snorted and made her way to the aisles to grab some junk food. Addison watched with a smirk, but her attention was quickly averted when her phone vibrated in her pocket. It was Jake.
Soz Addie I can't come pick u today
Stuck at work...
And prolly jam too
Addison inwardly groaned. There goes her mode of transportation.
Then again...
Jeff did advise her to exercise more. Addison was feeling a little fatter even though she didn't gain any weight.
So she decided to give it a go.
What's the worse that could happen during a walk around Spring Valley at night?
Chased, cat-called by drunks, get hit by unstable drivers, and... so much more.
Not like Addison hasn't faced those, before right? At least, her attackers weren't armed or anything, right?
She was jolted out of her thoughts when Fiolina dumped a bunch of food on the countertop. Addison scanned those for her before relating a few things with her.

Addison walked out of the fast-food shop with a plastic bag containing a hotdog and some fries. She heaved a sigh and made her way towards the bus stop, looking at the time on her watch.
It was about time the free bus came.
Addison walked with anticipation towards the bus stop, but stopped short as soon as it was clearly in view.
A man was flailing his arms.
Addison gasped when the glint of a machete in one of his hands caught her eye.
He was yelling and waving the knife, evidently drunk.
Addison panicked. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't go near the bus stop, who knows what might happen. She can't run the other way since... well, her home was in the other direction. If there was another way, she didn't know. So she just stood there, rooted to the ground. She was afraid, what if the creep throws the machete at her? Or worse?!
She suddenly saw blue flashes in the distance. The police! Had they seen this psycho?
Addison wanted to wave her hands to get their attention, but refrained from doing so since she didn't want extra attention from the machete-waving freak.
The police car drove towards the bus stop, slowly and silently. If it weren't for the flashes of blue, no one would know their presence. Addison turned around to just run off and hide somewhere until the police had successfully nabbed the rogue. She didn't notice a blinding flash of white that ran to her from the back. Addison let out a yelp when she felt herself being grabbed, then appeared in front of the Kennedy home.
Addison turned around and sure enough, the masked Superhero was right behind her, shaking his head in disappointment, his hands on his waist.
"I know, but I'm just as annoyed to keep finding myself in trouble too," Addison sighed. "Do you think the police caught him?"
The Superhero just shrugged in reply.
"I hope they did..." Addison gulped. "It was scary."
The Superhero gave her finger guns before running off, disappearing in his white light. Addison just sighed, a small smile on her face.
But wait!
The Superhero had dropped something!
Addison ran to get the piece of yellow plastic that fell out of the Superhero's pocket.
It was a cheese Itchy-Bun wrapper.
Addison frowned at it. She stuffed it into her pocket and ran to the house.

"Hello there, Addie," Felicia smiled as soon as Addison walked in. "How was work?"
"Good," Addison replied. "Is Jake home yet?"
"Not yet," Felicia answered. "They kept him a while longer at the bookstore. Wonder how that boy is gonna get home... the traffic is terrible!"
Addison agreed. "Yeah... also, Felicia... be careful when going to Spine Street. Just saw a lunatic waving a machete in the bus stop."
Mrs. Kennedy gasped. "Oh my gosh! Are you okay? He didn't hurt you or anything, right?"
Addison shook her head. "Nope. The police came on time. I managed to escape."
Felicia heaved a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness you're okay, Addie. Now I'm concerned for Jake."
"He's probably stuck in traffic at Spinner's Street," Addison assured. "You know how that place could get, right?"
The two women gasped when the door swung open, followed by Jake walking in. He was staggering too, as if drunk.
"Hi, Mom, hey, Addie," Jake greeted with a yawn.
"Honey, have you been drinking again?" Mrs. Kennedy groaned.
"Nope," Jake sighed. "Regretted it the last time I did. That was the first and possibly last time I'd be drinking. I'm just really tired now, eyes shutting because of work."
Addison realised how his eyes were sagging too, as if he hadn't slept. Jake let out a yawn and sat down on the couch, dropping his bag to the ground and snuggling against the armrest. They knew he had fallen asleep at once, considering how he instantly started letting out soft snores. For some reason, this kinda reminded her of the time the Superhero stumbled into the shop she worked at.
Stagger in, conk out.
Which was exactly what Jake had just done.
Addison stuffed her hands into the pockets of her hoodie and felt the crinkle of the Itchy-Bun wrapper in one of them.
Had Jake been the one who just saved her from the Machete-Swinging Maniac? Or was the Superhero just another fan of the cheesy bun? After all, those buns grew on Addison too but she's anything but the Superhero.
She decided to excuse herself from Mrs. Kennedy and went back to her room. The tenant's room was silent, she didn't know if he had come back since the car wasn't parked in the driveway. Jordan was missing too.
For some reason, Addison decided to write her findings down in a notebook. It's not like she's gonna go around Spring Valley, spying and hunting the Superhero. But this small activity made her feel like a detective nonetheless.
She even had evidence now, the cheese bun wrapper. Kind of lame for a piece of evidence, but it still counted.

Hey guys! Remember the instance in the Sims 3 where Fiolina cheated on Jordan and got slapped? I asked you guys if I should recreate that. A few of you wanted it, I was looking forward to it too.
But then... I can't do that! Fiolina is one of my favourite characters in this book lol. She plays an important role here, being Addison's good friend. I don't think I can maintain that friendship between them if this event happens, don't you think?
So yeah, it's not gonna happen. But maybe, just maybe, I'll put in something similar. Without the betrayal and stuff.

Love,
ShashaMeow