pour it out of me

I made a song remix/cover thingy! Go check it out if you'd like; my SoundCloud's in my profile bio. Also check out Atsuover's SoundCloud, where she has a bunch of other cool songs.

I loved the song as soon as I listened to it. So, like any rational person would, I dropped literally everything and spent an entire day covering it.

With FNF vocals, mind you. I'm too insecure about my voice to let anyone hear it.

My first instinct was to download the instrumental and slap some Annie/BF vocals on it. Sounds easy, right? No. The instrumental download was unavailable, which meant I had to make the instrumental from scratch. And that took a good while. Do you have any idea how hard it is to tell the exact pitch of some random synth-bass note just by ear?

Anyway, pitch pain and toil aside, I eventually finished constructing the instrumental and was more than ready to move on to the vocals, which should have been the easy part. But...there were some complications. For one, I wanted to finally stop ripping BF's voice out of Bopeebo for every song I made and instead use his UTAU voicebanks because I had heard they were easier to use. I don't know if I'm just an idiot or something, but...

They're not.

The A and U sounds are on an entirely different octave from the others. The I sound is too short to be used for anything besides note spam. The A sound will make your ears bleed. The E sound didn't even play half the time. So, uh...it'll be a while before I step foot near BF's UTAU voicebanks again. Guess I'm stuck with my good old friend Bopeebo_Voices.ogg. So then I had this awesome idea to use Garcello's voicebanks instead.

An Annie and Garcello cover of one of Atsuover's songs. How original.

So I downloaded Garcello's voicebanks and got to work and HOLY HELL, I am never using his UTAU voicebanks again. Every single thing I did to his voice completely screwed everything over. Altering the pitch of his notes made everything sound wrong. The three notes he has, I can't seem to connect in any way pleasing to the ear. And God forbid that I ever have to extend one of his notes.

I was stumped. I didn't know who to use to duet with Annie. Annie's voice was so simple: a single nice-sounding, general-purpose note just made by saying "ah" into the microphone. BF and Garcello were the only ones I could think of who would have a good reason for singing with Annie. So I didn't know who to use.

Then I had an epiphany. When I had heard Anne's voice for the first time, I had been shocked shocked. I had no idea how that voice was the same one that voiced Annie. And that's when it hit me: I could use my own voice.

"But Silver, you just said you're too insecure about your voice to—" Yeah, yeah, I know. But, I mean, come on. It's Friday Night Funkin'. Voices can be edited to hell and back until they can't be recognized anymore. Take Tabi, Nonsense, and Blantad, for example. They're all voiced by real people, but you'd never think for a second that their FNF characters' voices actually sound like their real voice. And the same would apply to me.

Also, I'm a huge fan of Atsuover, and not just because of FNF. I like to imagine that the reason I sound so timid in the cover is because FNF me (Silver) is still trying to process that they're rap-battling Annie for "real."

I don't really know where I was going with this, but here you go. I hope you guys enjoy it, and I'll see you in the next one!