100K READS LET'S FLIPPIN GOOOOOOOOOO

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

(yes I edited the cover onto the original screenshot because it was a blurry mess)

So, guys...we did it. We reached a tenth of a million reads. One hundred thousand reads, and still growing. The fact that we've reached this number in such a "short" amount of time is...phenomenal. I'm—I'm just amazed. Thank you all so much for supporting this account and helping it grow. I—I love you guys. You guys are just awesome.

Okay, overused memes aside, I really am super grateful for this. When I started writing as Silverlyte just shy of four years ago, I never would have thought I'd be here. Like I've said several times, I really thought I would just remain a small writer, only known to a few people because I didn't write your "orthodox" or "normal" AU. I mean, B.F.D. High is like if cheesy high school romance and over-the-top slice-of-life anime had a baby on crack and ran it over with a truck.

But I digress. I guess I really can't say that B.F.D. High isn't the kind of thing readers like anymore. When it comes to achievement and self-worth, I've always been a cold, hard statistics and numbers kind of person, and I've played the comparison game way more times than I'd like to admit. But when those statistics have triple digits and a K, I can't say that I'm not at least a little convinced.

If anything, though, this just proves that if I can get to 100K, anyone can get to 100K. Now, yes, I admit that my progression may have been a bit skewed because I'm basically combining the views of 44 totally different, complete stories, and each chapter itself only has about 1–2K reads on its own, but since the whole world of B.F.D. High is connected and each of the chapters still connects to each other in some way, I think it still counts. Also, keep in mind that I've been at this for four years, and I hadn't been really writing for half that time. Most of B.F.D. High—like, at least 80% of it—was all written in the summer of 2020. I only put a few chapters out in 2021, nothing in 2022, and just barely managed to get "Mischievous Function" out in time before 2023 ended. (Granted, Mischievous Function is literally a novel and a half on its own, but still.)

Unsolicited advice incoming: I don't know if this works anymore, but I'm pretty sure the reason I racked up such a quick following so fast, other than that it was COVID times so everyone pretty much had nothing else to do, was that I updated literally every day or two for around 60 to 90 days straight. Now, I'm not saying that you should lock yourself up in your house and live like a hermit for the summer if you want to please the Wattpad algorithm, but...yeah, the algorithm does love those hard and fast updates.

What surprised me, though, was how quickly Mischievous Function caught up in reads. I genuinely thought that it wouldn't hit its first thousand reads for months, on account of all the old 2020 B.F.D. High fans leaving after three years of nothingness. But it took less than a month to hit that first 1K, and I honestly couldn't thank you guys enough for that. It feels good knowing that those 140K words didn't all go to waste.