BFDI BUT TRADING CARDS

I woke up in a cold sweat at 3 AM a few days ago with this idea and I've been working on it with every second of my free time since.

Did I just draft an incomplete rulebook for a trading card game that will probably never exist? Yes. Did I also make assets in Google Slides for the trading cards themselves? Yes. Was this a complete waste of time? Probably.

But do I give a shit? Hell no.

If you don't want to read my made-up, poorly-thought-out, and probably unbalanced rules for this trading card game, scroll down to the very end where the cards are.

Otherwise, prepare yourselves for a lot of yapping about Silverlyte's BFDI: The Card Game.

*I N H A L E*

Object of the Game

Construct a winning team using your deck of contestants, challenges, and other events and be the last one standing!

Card Types

Contestants — Orange
Challenges and Finales — Blue
Cakes — Green
Modifiers — Yellow

Game Equipment

— Decks of 60 cards

— A D20

— A LOT of Damage Counters (to track HP), Stamina Counters (to track STA), Power Counters (to track Power Levels), other Stat Counters (to track stat fluctuations), and Leader Counters (to denote the current challenge leaders)

Contestant Cards

Each Contestant Card contains information about the following:

— Their name (duh).
— Their max HP value.
— Which season pack they belong to.
— Their element(s).
— Their Strength (STR), Stamina (STA), Dexterity (DEX), Intelligence (INT), Charisma (CHA), Perception (PER), and Luck (LUK).
— Their Power Meter, and how much it needs to be filled for a character to activate their Power and/or Super Power.
— Their Leader Bonus, which is a passive effect (or set of passive effects) automatically applied when that contestant is chosen to be the team leader during a challenge.
— Their Power, which is an effect (or set of effects) that can be activated when the contestant's Power Meter is full enough.
— Their Super Power, which is a beefier effect (or beefier set of effects) than a Power that can be activated when the contestant's Power Meter is full enough. Super Powers are normally more powerful than normal Powers, but require more Power Levels to activate.
— Their Tag partners and respective Tag ratings. Certain contestants make a better "Tag Team" than others (for example, when you think of Firey's partner, you normally think of Leafy or even Coiny, not Golf Ball), and having contestants who share better Tag ratings on the same team provides a multitude of different beneficial effects.

(I know that's a lot of information, but bear with me, I (hopefully) explain it all below)

(Also — orange, blue, green, yellow...Powers, Super Powers, and a Tag system...why yes, I have indeed been playing a lot of Advance Wars lately, how did you know?)

Strength (STR)

— Used in Strength Challenges
— Determines how much damage is done to contestants (both attacking and counter-attacking)
— Determines how much damage is taken when fleeing battle

Stamina (STA)

— Used in Stamina Challenges
— Determines how many times a character can counter-attack, block, attempt a dodge, or attempt to flee a battle (attacking offensively costs no stamina)