50K reads object OC (cringe I guess)

I said a couple of chapters ago that I might change my profile pic to one of my object OCs if we hit 50K reads on B.F.D. High. I thought that I wouldn't hit it for a long while since I had thought that my book's slowly been becoming irrelevant (on account of me not updating it in like, ya know, A FRIGGIN' YEAR).

Well, we hit it. And a lot earlier than I expected, too.

So before I show you guys the hastily-thrown-together Google Slides character sheet that I had to make as quickly as possible, here's one of my good old trademark long-as-hell speeches to celebrate the occasion.

I'm gonna be honest: when I started B.F.D. High, I didn't think it was going anywhere. Obviously, I did have what I thought at the time was a stretch goal: hit a thousand reads or something cool like that. But that wasn't much of a priority to me. I just wrote the book because I love writing and I love the OSC.

And I know that I've said this before, but writers like Sarskii, IceMintFreeze, and ClownTownUSA really inspired me. I saw how much reads their books had and how large their communities were. And when I read their bios and their message boards, it made me realize that these people are normal, ordinary people, just like me.

Except they weren't really ordinary. They were extraordinary in that they had a passion they wanted to follow and saw it through. And I thought that if I did what they did, then I could experience that feeling of accomplishment that comes with working hard to create something great—and seeing that other people love it, too.

So I started writing my book. In "The Fourth Wall 2", I already reflected on the dumpster fire that is "The Project", so I'm not going to talk about it again here. I knew it was bad, trust me. But I really didn't care. I kept writing not only because I love to write, but also because I wanted to make this book into something I'd really be proud of. I wanted to be able to step back one day, look at what I've done with the book, smile, and say, "I made that, and it's good." And now, with a coveted fanfic milestone that people can't help but notice (since the read count is one of the first things you see when you open a book), I feel like I can finally say that.

This book is good.

But I don't want to stop there. No, I got big plans for this thing—starting with a completely separate book that I'm writing which is meant to complement it. I've also seriously started thinking about the world of B.F.D. High and how I can make it better and more interesting, whether the person reading it is just a casual reader, a dedicated fan, a normal person, or Demonvampire987.

I really do want to thank all of you for helping me get here. I couldn't have done it without you. This experience of being someone—someone that people know—on Wattpad has been somewhat surreal to me. I mean, hell, look at this.

My book is in the frickin' Google autocomplete now

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

My book is in the frickin' Google autocomplete now. I don't know a single person in real life who can say that anything of theirs has been recognized by Google's autocomplete system.