imma get a tablet and pen one day hopefully

But until then, you'll just have to deal with my mouse and MS Paint.

Anyway, here's my attempt at drawing B.F.D. High Fanny. I put it next to the AI art version for comparison:

I played around with shading a little bit because I think shading makes it look a lot better

I played around with shading a little bit because I think shading makes it look a lot better. (And yeah, I know it looks like trash, but you should have seen it before I tried to shade it. Actually, no, you shouldn't have.) That being said, I still can't get a good grip on how to shade properly, and something about all the different lines in the hair just rubs me the wrong way. I'm gradually practicing more and more, but what I really want to get down are the eyes, hair, and shading. I think I'm actually not that bad at the eyes by now, but the hair...God, the frickin' hair, someone help me please

Also, I do want to learn gradients and soft hair lines and all that jazz, but MS Paint's Fill tool is pretty much broken whenever I try to use brushes or airbrushes or whatever, so I'm pretty much restricted to only using the pencil. Which kinda sucks, because I really want to do soft gradients and those accent lines (is that what they're called? I have no clue) in the clothing and the hair—there it is again, with the hair.

(also side note I just realized how unrealistic some hoodies are when they're worn on anime characters, like the hoods are just way too small to pull over that gigantic anime head)

(also also I learned that when drawing characters, the face is only half of the head and the rest of the head is TAKE A WILD GUESS, IT'S THE GODDAMN HAIR, YUP, I'M ON THE HAIR AGAIN, I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT THE HAIR, PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SOMEONE TEACH ME HOW TO DRAW HAIR PROPERLY)

Keep in mind that this account is by no means an art account. It is primarily a fanfic account, run by an idiot who occasionally does art and music composition on the side. That being said, feel free to give me some constructive criticism! I'm always looking to improve my art, and I could really use some tips! (heh-heh...no, seriously, please give me criticism, like I really wanna learn how to draw not horribly, so I like really need some help, so please criticize, please, PLEASE—)

I'm hoping that one day I'll be able to draw better than the AI. Though, from the looks of things, that's gonna take quite a while.