10::Hannah Run Away

October 13 9:37 AM

For once, in a very long time, I actually got a good nights sleep. Well, as good as it can be when you sleep on cold, hard sand. Not to mention Andrew woke me up when he came in last night night because he slipped when lowering himself into the hole and crashed into me. Needless to say, I cursed him out, but besides that, I slept well. I wasn't consumed by my thoughts of contemplating life, and I didn't take forever to actually fall asleep.

When I woke up, Andrew was still asleep so I decided to go walk around. I figured if I'm going to be stuck on an island I might as well know what else is here. Hopefully I don't run into crabs though...

I shrugged on the green jacket over my black tank top and started towards the shoreline. Rolling up my sweatpants, I started walking down the beach. It was sunny out, but there was a cold breeze sweeping through. My hair was snapping back and forth, and I gave up and put it up in a pony tail. The rush of the waves crashing sent a calming mood throughout my body, and I started to relax.

There was a giant rock in the water off in the distance, and I could just picture someone climbing it and jumping off into the water. If my siblings were here, they would force me to go on that rock with them. Then they would make me jump off first because they'd get scared they would die, so I usually went first or second. But then Riley would apparently get his ego hurt when they didn't ask him to do it.

I actually laughed out loud at this scenario, and shook my head.

I miss them.

I miss them so much, and I know they miss me too. When they would reek havoc throughout the house, Eric would usually come get me and complain. He's the reader in the house, and he can't exactly read when everyone is screaming and yelling. Riley is just like dad; humor and a personality that everyone likes. Despite us being twins, I'd like to think we're similar yet we're different. I excel in school, while he focuses on sports and girls. He doesn't take life too seriously, and I guess that's what I've always been jealous of. I'd like to be able to just laugh at a situation and think, 'Yup, we're screwed!'

But I can't, and that's okay. Everyone in the family is different, and we balance each other out. But with me missing, how are they functioning?

A silent tear rolled down the side of my cheek.

I wasn't sure how, but I was going to get off this island. Even if I have to swim, but I'd prefer that to be plan Z rather than plan A.

I sat down on the sand, rubbing the few tears that managed to escape without my consult. I wasn't going to cry. Not yet.

Looking around at the water as the sun rose up, I wished I has brought my camera. The sight was simply breathtaking, and no picture could do this justice. However, my hairy legs could use some shaving. My entire hygiene issue just plain out sucked. No shampoo and conditioner, no lotion, no nice bath bombs (not to mention a proper bathtub to shower in), or any towels and nail clippers. We had scissors, but I didn't trust myself enough to cut my nails with them.

This entire situation just sucked. It's only been a few days, and we got lucky with the luggage of dead people's clothes, but how much more luck do we have? How long is it before we starve? It seems like a joke, almost. This sort of thing only happens in the movies, not in real life. Especially not with some overly-confident, idiotic boy who happens to be the guy I've been avoiding for the majority of my life.

I guess the only thing i can do to help keep my sanity is to look at things with a positive outlook. The glass is half full! My dog ate my half filled out homework! My toilet flooded half of my full house! I'm stuck on a beautiful island in the middle on no where!