14::Hannah Wins Gold

October 18 6:03 PM

I feel like I should have won a gold medal in the Olympics for how much I ran. Believe me when I say that I'm not athletic, because not one ounce of me is fit. Yet I was able to book it all the way back to Andrew in a record of time. Sure the majority of it may have just been the adrenaline, or perhaps the fact some old lady was chasing me, but I'd like to say it was all skill. Which of course is bull, but whatever floats my boat, right?

I arrived back, the familiar sound of the waves crashing and the salty air filling my lungs. I was gasping, trying to catch my breath but I kept running and running, straight into Andrew's arms.

"What the hell? Where have you been?" He asked, holding me tighter.

Still trying to catch my breath, I felt so overwhelmed. Where do I start? The old lady, her threat, the fact she may be behind us. I didn't know where to start, so I started to sob. I'm sure I had cuts and bruises, not to mention I had dirt all over my clothes. I was basically shocked, but I was able to choke out two words.

"Mystery person."

His body went rigid, and he took a step back and placed his hands on my shoulders. "Holy crap, Hannah Banana are you okay? Please tell me you're okay."

I nodded grimly. "But the water-"

"Forget the water, Hannah. I just need to know if you're okay. Can you tell me what happened?" He said, pulling me back so that our bodies molded as one.

I continued to sob into his shoulder, wrapping my arms tightly around his muscularly warm torso like my life depended on it. I felt myself being lifted, and I wrapped my legs around him as a reflex. I didn't know where he was carrying me, but I didn't care. I now trusted Andrew with my life, as seeing how the circumstances are. If we're going to be stranded for a while, we better be able to have each other's backs.

When he sat down in the sand, I stayed in my position, only I turned my head to the side so I was looking down at the sand. I felt his hot breath on my neck, and it sent butterflies to my stomach. I realized how compromising our positions were, and I moved to get off him but he held me close, putting his arms around my waist and drawing circles on my back. It only made me feel even more embarrassed, but eventually I was able to relax. And when I did, I told him everything. From how I felt like I was being watched to how vague she was about this islands treasures. He listened while picking out the twigs and leaves that had made their way into my hair.

"How did she get here?" He asked, his chest vibrating against my own.

"I'm not sure," I said softly. "She was very persistent on giving me the main ideas without any details."

"Huh," he grunted. "That's odd. But I'm proud of you Hannah Banana. You handled that situation very well, probably better than I would've."

I got frightened as a thought crossed my mind. "She knows where our camp is, and she's out there running loose with a fricken spear!"

"So we'll relocate. It's okay Hannah," he said, his voice even.

I pulled back from his chest so I was face to face with him. "Andrew, you don't get it-"

"Hannah, stop stressing. We can handle this. It's just that we need to be rescued even more now-"

"Andrew." I said sternly, looking him dead in the eyes. "For the first time that I've been stuck on this stupid island...I'm actually scared. And I'm normally a brave person."

He didn't say anything, only looked at me, as if I was the enigma that would get us off this island. His intense gaze faltered as he looked down at my lips, and I suddenly realized that our proximity was close. I blushed and buried my face into his chest again, trying to find comfort not only in this awkward situation but the entirety of our situation.