23::Hannah the Hopeful

November 3 6:23 AM

I was beyond exhausted.

My body seemed to be shutting down, and I haven't eaten much over the past few days. Things were looking bad, and Jerardo and Andrew knew it. Jerardo seemed to be doing fine, despite the lack of food and water. Andrew seems okay, and he's healed tremendously. I forced him to eat all the food I couldn't, so he's been getting more than his fair share. I was glad, because I knew with all my heart I wanted him to make it; to survive.

The water splashed against the boat, and it slightly rocked. I kept my eyes shut and tightened my grip on Andrews hand. He let out a small groan and turned, wrapping his arm over me tighter. My back was to his chest, my head laying on his extended arm. A couple weeks ago I would have been disgusted to think of Andrew and I being this close.

It's funny how things change within a small amount of time.

"Andrew," I whispered. "Is there any food? I need to eat." My voice was barely above a whisper.

"Mhmm," he said sleepily, his breath blowing on the back of my neck. I felt goosebumps rise.

"Okay," I responded, attempting to get up.

"No, no," he said, suddenly awake, "I'll get it. You rest."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't need you to get me food."

"Oh please, I don't care."

"I do."

"I didn't ask."

"Andrew!" I said, clearly annoyed.

"My mother raised me to be a gentleman. By that,, I'm getting you food. Look at me, helping you and pleasing my mother. Like killing two worms with one stone."

"You mean birds?" Jerardo cut in, already handing me the good. Andrew halted at him while I gave a weak smirk.

"No, I've never killed a bird. I've killed worms before, with one stone. Has anyone actually killed two birds with one stone? I mean, why is that even a saying?"

I shrugged. "No sè."

"Hey, my tio Miguel killed a hawk." Jerardo said, sitting down in the captains chair.

Andrew and I shared a look before he spoke up. "That's illegal, Jerardo,"

"I didn't pull the trigger. He did. He's messed up in the cabeza. But eh, he's serving time in prison for kidnapping the governors cat."

At this, Andrew and I both burst out laughing, resulting in me having a coughing fit.

"Why a cat?" I a managed to say. "Our of all the things to steal, it's a cat? And the governs cat?"

"Like I said. He's coocoo."

Andrew chuckled. "Hannah," he started, "I have a question."

"Hit me," I said, looking up at him. "Not literally, of course."

"I would never lay a hand on you," e said, his time serious. Then his fave morphed into a smirk and he said, "unless you want me to."