1::Hannah Banana

October 3rd, 5:00 AM

I could tell this day was going to suck from the moment I woke up to my dog pooping on my bed.

She's potty trained, yet she decided I needed to be woken with a little extra pizazz this morning. As if waking up at five AM wasn't already hard enough in this household, I had to clean up dog crap too. I can add that to the list of things I need to do before my best friend Quinn picks me up in thirty minutes. Isn't this going to be a lovely morning for me! I swatted the dog out of my room and sighed angrily.

"Hannah wake up! The pancakes are going to be gone!" My youngest brother Brock yelled as he opened my door.

I groaned in response. Of course I want to get out of my poop-bed, but I'm protected underneath the covers! Can't I just hide under here for the rest of my life?

"Why does it smell like poo in here?" He said crinkling his face. "Did you poop in the bed? You know, if it's an issue for you I can help you. I do it all the time-"

"Brock! I didn't poop in my bed okay? It was Daisy. I thought she was potty-trained?" I said angrily and shoving my black comforter off of me and getting out of bed.

"She is. But I taught her to poop on command so I could get revenge on Randy. He put gum in my hair!" Brock showed me the missing patch of hair on his head. "Mom had to cut it out!"

"You taught Daisy to poop on command?" I asked clearly, making sure I heard him right.

The seven year old smiled proudly at me. "And pee."

"Lord help me." I muttered.

I got dressed in rocket time in a pair of black leggings and a giant sweater and my white hight top converse. My long brunette hair was parted down the middle, and my face was free of make up. Smiling contently in my small little mirror, I grabbed my back pack and started to leave my room when I smelt the disgusting substance still on my bed.

"Tara?" I yelled at my ten year old sister who was running past my door in the hall. "Can you pick up Daisy's mess on my bed?"

"Ten bucks." She sassed, twirling her blond curls and looking innocent.

"Fine," i snarled and pulled out a ten dollar bill from my wallet. "Make sure you wash the comforter."

"Make it fifteen dollars and we have a deal."

Did I mention that my sister's a brat? Because she is.

Muttering some rude remarks I pulled out a five dollar bill and handed it to her. She smiled innocently at me and walked away humming 'Ring Around the Rosy'.

I ran down the stairs muttering about how my sister is a brat. Not only was I angry, but when I found out everyone ate all the Pancakes I was irate.

"Are you kidding me?" I yelled.

My mom walked into the kitchen with her curly hair tied up into a messy bun and her frail hands fixing her apron. "Well dear in a family of nine you should know food comes quickly. You've been in this family for seventeen years. Don't act surprised!"

"Seventeen years too long," I muttered, "what am I supposed to eat now?"

She pointed at a banana and smiles sheepishly. "Dave should be around soon, maybe he can make you breakfast? I have to get ready for work."

Dave is my soon-to-be step father. Why he wants to deal with me and my seven siblings I will never know, but he loves my mom and he's going to treat her right. So I will not be the stereotypical daughter who hates her step father. He's actually not a bad guy. He owns his own business, and he makes his own hours which is great because he can work around my moms schedule and help me and Riley watch over the kids. And believe me, that's a job itself.