32::Hannah Fated

November 12 6:09 PM

"I'm just fucking with you," he grinned weakly.

I glared at him, trying to hide in my unshed tears. "That's wasn't funny, Andrew! When I heard you were in surgery..."

"I'm fine."  He told me. "I'm not leaving you. I love you, now please tell me you're in a wheelchair because the idea of seeing me was too much to handle and you were scared of fainting?"

I laughed and wheeled closer, grabbing his hand and leaning my head on it. "No, I'm weak. As much as it pains me to say this, I wouldn't have been able to make it here without the wheelchair. I have to gain back my energy."

"Hey," he said softly, "we can do this. We made it home."

I smiled before frowning. "You dumbass! What was that on the boat? Passing out and hitting your head? You head no pulse, Andrew. I thought...I thought-"

"Shss," he said, using his hand to wipe away the tears. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. I'm here. You're okay. We're okay."

I couldn't help the tears now. "I was so scared," I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Come here," he said, patting the bed. He moved over slowly and cautiously, and I seemed to suddenly remember he just had brain surgery. He looked pale and sick, dark rings under his eyes and a white bandage around his head. He still looked beautiful, however broken he may seem.

"You okay?" I asked him. "Your head hurt?"

He exhaled long before nodded slightly. "I'm okay now that you're here."

I smiled and tried to pull myself out of the wheelchair. I fumbled a bit, not used to the loss of muscle and soreness.

"You okay? I'll call the nurse--"

"I'm fine." I snapped, growing frustrated but eventually made it onto the bed with him. "I'm okay."

I pulled the blanket up, my leg touching his and my hand grasping his tightly. I leaned my head on his shoulder and cried silently.

"I talked to reporters today." I said eventually.

"Oh? What did you say?"

I shrugged. "I talked about how it happened. What was on the island. Food and water. Stuff like that."

He nodded and it got silent again.

I sighed before placing my head on his chest, grabbing ahold of him tightly. I felt him play with my hair.

"My parents face when they saw me..." He said, his voice sounded strange and emotional. "It was heartbreaking. Not so much the look but the feeling. The feeling of the fact that they just got me back, but almost lost me again to surgery."

"Don't talk like that--"

"Like what? Don't speak the truth? Hannah, we went through a lot. There's no point of sugar coating it. I've almost died more times than I can count."

I didn't know how to respond, so I didn't. I fell asleep listening to his heart beat and his chest move up and down with each lively breath he took.

* * *
November 13 8:21 AM

"Don't wake her up," a voice whispered threateningly.