3::Hannah Goody Goody

October 8, 3:30 PM

To say the wedding was emotional would be an understatement. My grandparents and my step-grandparents were bawling their eyes out at how much in love mom and Dave were in. Their vows were beautifuly written and so full of love and promise that even I started to tear up. It's a strange feeling knowing that Dave loves my mom with all his heart.

I've been trying to figure out what love even is. How can one simply posses so much love for someone? How can they simply just have so much devotion and dedication? Humans are selfish, yet love conquers all, right?

Wrong.

When Adam and I dated, I honestly thought I was in love. I couldn't express what I was feeling, and I just decided this must be what love felt like. No other words to describe it. Well that boat shattered the moment placed he placed his lips on some other girl last Summer. Then I realized I didnt love him. I loved the idea of him. The idea that he was hopelessly devoted to me. Selfish? Yes. Did I return the feeling? Of course.

My mom looked beautiful tonight in her wedding dress. It was long and elegant, contrasting with her natural olive skin and dark colored hair. Her makeup was done so she looked natural and fresh. Just like her personality.

Moms a photographer who works for many magazines. She's sort of a free spirit, in a way. She takes her own photos, which are always jaw-dropping, and she sells them and sends them to a variety of magazines. Her photos always have a story to them, she says. One picture is a millisecond captured on camera, and along with it comes a story.

So when mom told me I had the honors of taking the photos at the after party on the boat, I almost screamed in delight. To be able to take these photos of her wedding was a big deal to her, so there's no way I could let her down.

The party was alive and rolling with fun. Quinn was dancing with a few other boys, and she looked gorgeous in an orange dress and straightened hair. I, however, was standing by the food table snapping pictures of everyone. Mom and Dave were dancing and drinking under the lights, and all the little kids were jumping in the bounce house. It was my idea for that, because I didn't think dancing would be fun for them; especially not with a bunch of strange adults.

"So," a voice said suddenly right next to me. "Are you always this boring?"

"What do you want Andrew?" I snapped, silently praying that I keep my cool.

He raised his hands as in defeat. "Nothing," his smile showed other wise. "Just curious why you stand here when you could be partying."

"And what's your idea of partying?" I asked, holding the camera up and snapping a shot of Mr. and Mrs. Woods smiling and dancing.

"You know," he said leaning back on the rail of the boat. "Drinking, letting everything go, hooking up with some gir-"

"Yeah well it's obvious you and I are interested in different things." I snapped cutting his sentence off.

He chuckled deeply. "I think that's pretty obvious. You're a goody goody."

I was in the middle of taking another photo before I stopped and turned to him angrily. "What?"

He smirked arrogantly. "You heard me."

"I am not a goody goody!" I said angrily, poking him in the chest.

"Prove it." He said simply, tucking his arms over his chest, trying to show me he was bored.

I hesitated. Does it matter what he thinks? It doesn't, but before I could comprehend that, I said, "How?"