11::Hannah Exhausted

October 15 9:26 AM

"Andrew," I whined as I poked his cheek. "Andrew! Wake up!"

"Unless I hear an alarm, I'm not getting up." He mumbled and turned the other way.

"So that's how you want to play? Fine," I muttered before I grinned from ear to ear. "BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEEEEEP!"

He covered both his ears and grunted. "Go away Hannah."

"Not until you wake up! We have important things to do today." I said as I smacked his shoulder roughly.

"Ow!" He cried, his voice hoarse and raspy. "What the hell? Why do I need to wake up?"

"We have to explore," I explained. "And we need more resources. We're running out of supplies."

"Yeah no kidding. I wish the kit had deodorant because you reek," he said, his face scrunching up in exaggeration.

"No sir, that's the remnants of last nights fart show, which I did not appreciate by the way." I muttered before crawling out of the hole.

I could always go exploring on my own, but now that there might be someone else on the island I'm a little hesitant. I'd rather not run into the reason the person screamed, but hey, at least I'll have Andrew to use as bait as I run away.

"What's for breakfast?" He muttered as he crawled out of the hole. His chest was bare and his hair was very messy. You could obviously tell that he was a teenage boy who was lacking sleep. He squinted at me waiting for my answer.

"Jerky," I replied. "As usual. But we can cook up some of the beans too. Although I'm not sure that's such a good idea considering you have some issues Going on..."

"Hannah," he said in annoyance, "it's not my fault my stomachs all weird because of the jerky. Just let nature be nature."

I quirked and eyebrow at him. "Wow, you're really nonfunctional when you don't get enough sleep."

"What's that supposed to mean?" He snapped as he shut his eyes tightly, running his fingers through his mussed hair.

"Forget it," I muttered, "we need to go, so get dressed."

"I don't have any clean clothes anymore! And all of them stink of sweat and salt water!" He whined in annoyance.

"Oh I'm sorry, I forgot to grab some laundry detergent before I went to save your sorry little butt. My bad." I snapped. "We can't be greedy Andrew. We're running out of supplies really quickly."

"I'm aware." He rolled his eyes. "Rationing the food and water isn't working."

"Obviously!" I cried. "We only have a few water bottles left and not even a lot of food. We've been seriously lucky Andrew, but we have to step it up. No more wasting things, no more eating a little more than necessary, and no more complaining."

"Don't you think I know that?" He snapped. "Hannah I've been in boy scouts since I was a kid. I know how to handle these kind of situations. It's you that I'm worried about."

"Me?" I retorted. "Why me?"

"Because Hannah, you're-"

"Just stop." I yelled. "Stop it! Stop all of it! I'm sick and tired of you acting as if you're above me. Well guess what, idiot, I don't need you. I can perfectly live in this island by myself. My life doesn't revolve around you, nor does it depend on you. Now let's go." I didn't even bother looking at him as I stood up and began waking into the trees. If someone else is on the island, then I'm determined to find them.