5::Hannah Crazy

October 9, 1:40 PM

The kit had the necessities.

Bottles of water, packets of beef jerky, paper towels, tampons, band aides, a pocket knife, flare gun, sun screen, first aid kit, life jackets and so on. Andrew made it a point to pick up the tampon box and hand it to me awkwardly. If looks could kill, he be long dead by now. My face had turned a dark shade of red.

"What do we do?" I asked softly, my voice cracking in fear.

"Wait for them to come get us." He said simply, shrugging his buff shoulders.

"How do we even know they're looking for us?" I said in panic.

He gave me a look, as if saying 'Are you for real?'. I'll admit, I was acting like a scared, lost puppy. But can you blame me? Considering the circumstances, I think my behavior is completely rational!

"Okay," I said in defeat. "But what if they gave up? Like we're in the middle-"

"Do you always get like this when your lost?" He asked suddenly, his perfect eyebrow raised in annoyance.

"Get like what?" I asked defensively.

"Like that! So...jittery." He muttered. "You are crazy."

"I am not crazy." I said sternly. After a moments silence, I sighed sadly. "I'm just scared."

He shook his head, almost like he was scolding himself. "We're going to be okay."

"But you don't know that!" I cried out. "Andrew, you don't even know what time it is!"

"My phone says it's 1:49." He shrugged, whipping it out and showing me.

"Oh, okay." I sighed. Thank goodness he has his phone.

I closed my eyes, hoping time would pass by quicker. But to no prevail, the seconds felt like hours. I wonder what time it is now? I was about to ask Andrew to pull out his phone again when it hit me.

Phone.

"Andrew!" I gasped, my body shaking quickly.

"Ahh!" He yelled. "Don't do that!"

"You have a fricken phone you idiot!" I cried. "Use it!"

Realization dawned on him and he whipped it out. Standing up, he walked around trying to get better service.

"No bars! I don't have service!" He said angrily. "I knew I shouldn't have switched to Sprint-"

"But they can still track phones right?" I said suddenly, the wheels turning in my head. "Meaning they can track your phone and figure out where we are! Andrew, do not let your phone die!"

"And how do I do that? It may be Apple, but it isn't some miracle worker. Besides, it has less than twenty percent at the moment." He said shaking his head. "We're screwed."

"No, no no no no no. You sir just said that they would find us. Now you're saying they won't! Don't do that! Be positive, not negative!" I scolded him.

"Me?" He pointed at himself. "I'm being negative? You were just saying how we were going to die not too long ago!"

"Yeah well now I don't think we are!
I've changed my mind, is that such a big deal? People do it all the time!"

He grunted in response. "Hannah this is ridiculous. Fighting isn't going to solve anything."

"Then don't fight with me!" I yelled angrily.

I was scared and angry, and they way I was expressing my self seemed like I was a crazy lunatic. I know fighting isn't going to resolve this problem, but it's the only thing we've ever done. And if we fight then at least something is normal, right? Deciding that I needed to blow off some steam, I decided the silent treatment was my best option amd taking photos.