Chapter two

8 months till the wedding
———

Alex started to drive back home sighing it was only ten and she needed a beer instead she took the road towards the DEO the brunette needed something to keep her busy for the day.

The brunette changed into some shorts and a T-shirt glad the training room was empty and went to the black punching bag hanging to the side delivering punch after punch kick after kick not noticing Lena and Brainy walk in stopping at the sight of her.

"Alex?" Brown eyes widened and she spun around "Lena hey" the woman walked over inspecting her, "thought you were busy till twelve" green eyes flickered to brown before looking the vigilante over again.

"Are you okay your bleeding" Alex looked down and indeed her hands were bleeding she didn't feel anything in them but they were bruising "so you blew me off to break your fingers?" the brunette shook her head.

"I was helping someone last night they crashed in my apartment and I didn't know how long they'd be there I promise" in truth that was only half the reason she did blow Lena off like she told Cat she knew what it felt like Alex fell for the youngest Luthor by accident and now just looking at her hurt.

"We-we can still go out its almost lunch" she suggested hating ditching Lena who looked a little hurt but the woman smiled nodding "sounds great darling I'll wait for you in the car?" Alex held her thumbs up with a half smile.

"Alright where to?" Lena looked up from her phone as Alex got in starting the car her grin settled into a bright smile and the older Danvers knew she had been texting Kara "we can go to our usual place" Alex nodded silently.

She pulled up at Teddy's green eyes glancing up for a second for the first time in twenty minutes but Alex didn't notice having already gotten out of the car and was waiting at the entrance Lena doesn't know how she could miss the other woman getting out.

They were led to a booth and handed menus neither needing to look at them but the waitress didn't seem to notice chocolate
eyes trained on Alex.

"What would you two like to drink?" She looked at Lena with a raised brow "vodka cranberry" the brunette answers the waitress writes it down and turns to Alex the agent opens her mouth only for the other brunette to speak.

"Heineken is all out for today Danvers bud light?" The brunette nodded and green eyes became skeptical watching the two have a silent conversation with only their eyes her eyes narrowed and she cleared her throat.

The woman gave a smile blinking "sorry 'bout that I'll be back with your drinks" Lena raised a brow looking at Alex "there something I don't know about?" Lena gave a half grin honestly she never liked the waitress but she and Alex always seemed to go out for drinks sometime later in the week the two somehow always ending up in bed.

"Not at all she invited me as a plus one to her brother's wedding  and after we started going to movies and dinner we're going hiking this weekend" that's when Lena realized something she missed all those months ago
"you-you were just looking for a friend weren't you?" Alex nodded "thought you knew that...I don't have many don't you think I'd at least try to find some friends?."

Lena tilted her head thinking "you've always been quite the loner I don't know apart from Kelly and me I know the others are Kara's friends but you always seemed fine being alone."

Alex shrugged "no I've just gotten used to being alone and come to like it I've never liked crowds I had to get used to being a shadow in my mother's eyes and soon I just did it cause I wasn't use to the attention and usually push everyone away most times it's  involuntarily and other I do it on purpose."

Lena sat silently taking in everything Alex said as the woman walked up with their drinks smiling "do you know what you'd like to eat yet?" The brunette nodded before ordering for both herself and Lena.

———

"Hey, Alex!" The brunette spun around turning to the waitress who was zipping up her jacket as a cold breeze passed through blowing chestnut hair slightly.

"What's up?" The woman gave a sheepish smile "could you give me a ride riles came down with a cold and I need to get home" Alex glanced at Lena who gave a nod "hop in Lena you don't mind if I drop you off first do you?"

The Irish woman despite being surprised shook her head "no it's alright I told Kara I'd come by before her lunch hour is over."

After dropping Lena off the agent drove towards the other side of town stopping in front of a worn out supposed abandoned building "you sure you two don't need a place to stay?" Worried brown eyes flickered from the building to the other woman who sighed.

"You don't have space lex" the other woman shook her head
"Dani I've told you many times that I can sleep on the couch and you know I'm moving to a bigger place and I don't mind two taking my bed as long as you have somewhere better than this to sleep it's not safe Dani."

Giving in the brunette nodded Alex following her up to her apartment which seemed to be the only one that looked livable.

"What happened?" Brown eyes glanced back seeing Alex inspecting a big hole in the wall where her tv use to hang she just covered it with a cover and left it "some idiots got into a fight next door and ended up in destruction their whole apartment is nothing but rubble but it's okay."

The vigilante glanced at the two "ready?" Riley's head was buried in her mother's shoulder fingers tightly gripping the woman's jacket "yeah let's go."