Chapter eight

Four months till the wedding
_____________

"I didn't take you for the shorts type Cat" the blond rolls her eyes behind her sunglasses "a heatwave in like this would make even my mother think about going skinny dipping" Alex snorts she wasn't going to hide the fact that Cat looked good in cargo shorts and a polo.

"So where are we going exactly?" Cat had texted Alex on Saturday about going out on Sunday and never gave an explanation "we're going to find me a house" Alex raises a brow "not an apartment?" The blonde shakes her head as she drives.

It takes a few minutes before Cat speaks again "can you keep a secret Skully- Of course you can well anyway I'm thinking of selling CatCo and moving to a house in a small town just a ways off this damned city" Alex stays silent looking at her.

"I have a couple of offers put in on some houses out that way mostly two bed one bath small you know it's just gonna be me and I might get a dog" Alex snorts "you seem like a cat person" blue eyes glare purposely taking a sharp right and Alex's head hits the window making the blonde let out a laugh and Alex grunt hand rubbing her head with a scowl.

"you're gonna tell me what house you get right? Might need a place to crash after a mission or something" Alex says offhandedly shrugging the trying to make it like she wouldn't drop by regularly when the blonde moved.

"You'll be the first Skully I'll even tell you before I tell the house," she says rolling her eyes and Alex gave her a cheeky grin "yeah I'll show that house I come first!" She pumps her fist and Cat shakes her head turning onto another backroad where the water started to seem further away but Alex hadn't noticed too busy grinning at Cat "you're insufferable."

An hour later they were cruising through a small town buildings all side by side everyone was talking to each other and even if they didn't know them some happily waved at them kids were out and running around some almost running into others and getting halfheartedly reprimanded.

Something caught Alex's eye it was a small store with flowers on the outside and inside the brunette manages to catch 'Aprils garden' the name Alex had an idea as Cat parked up the street.

"You coming?" She looks at Alex curiously and she shakes her head "I'll meet you back in ten" the blonde nods with a quizzical smile searching Alex's face for a moment before nodding "I'll get the keys to the houses and be back" Alex nods.

Alex made her way towards the shop quickly making sure Cat wasn't looking blue eyes had followed her until she'd gotten inside the building she was supposed to be getting the keys from and Alex slipped into the shop and is met with rows of flowers bunched together in a nice color pattern.

"Hi!" The brunette whirls around almost falling "o-oh hey" the woman's eyes were filled with happiness and innocent curiosity and she smiled brightly it made Alex smile "need anything help?" The vigilante nods "yeah I-I have this friend.." the woman wiggles her eyebrows "ooo~" Alex chuckles.

"And I wanted to get her flowers you know nothing special just a friendly gift" the woman hums fingers stroking her chin before she grins motioning for Alex to follow her to the other side of the store.

"Something random?" Alex nods "that's the hope" the brunette looks around before grinning and grabs a newly brought in bouquet she picks it up handing it to Alex.

"This is a southern peach bouquet it's simple and homey usually used at a country wedding around here and goes great for gifting tiny blondes" she winks and Alex groans inwardly as a light flush spread across her cheeks.

"How much?" Alex is already taking out her wallet but the woman shakes her head "no need with someone as hot as you in here it's a honor" she grins glancing over Alex's shoulder watching Cat walk back towards the car "I think your lady friend is ready" the vigilante spun around and started making her way out "thanks!" she throws over her shoulder.