Chapter five

The day Kara asked Lena to marry her was the day everyone got weird and Alex started to pull away more than before wanting to be alone saying she had met someone and thought maybe they felt the same way then revealed they were getting married something along the lines of that and Kara knew why so she let Alex have space even if it hurt.

Lena told her that Alex would eventually come to her when she was ready little did Lena know the two had already talked and they'd been slowly coming back together again until they were told about the engagement that's when Alex became a stranger they still talked but not like before.

"If only Michael had kept damn his mouth shut."

that's the last comment Alex said after their talk and Kara was flying away Kara wished the man did too.

**********
Kara's boots landed with a quiet thud on the entrance of Alex's private lab this lab was where she and Lena did crazy experiments with Brainy so far they've blown up the lab five times two for fun the other three for missions.

Kara thinks it's hilarious that they have also managed to rope the store owner across the street to come over and watch they were strict and mean in Kara's perspective but they seem to enjoy the company and laughs always bringing food over when they come.

Today was the day Michael got to participate he'd been in another lab for a couple of weeks with Brainy going through tests to make sure he wouldn't kill them which Kara shook her head to they'd set the lab on fire more than once flooded it twice and blew it up five if they weren't dead then they'd be fine.

"Hey, Michael you seen Alex?" He hadn't known Kara's identity so that meant he didn't know what he said next would lead to the sisters fighting "oh yeah she's with Lena and before you go they've been friends for some time now right?" The blonde nodded.

"And everyone can see their more than friends so don't you think they'd be good together?" She tensed "what?" The blonde was confused where'd he get an idea like that he squints at her glaring like it's the obvious.

"Alex says Lena's head over heels in love with her sister blah blah blah and wouldn't get in the way so I asked what she meant and Alex said she had been in love with Lena for a couple of years now after a night at the bar when the two had done a movie night without her sister because she was stuck at work."

He sighed "she said she'd never betray her sister but that was the night she realized she was just as oblivious as that sister of hers well anyway I gotta go Lena's on lunch and me and Brainy are doing some of her notes goodbye supergirl" he waved walking away as if that whole conversation was casual.

"Alex?" The blonde had spent ten minutes pacing in the hall and the older Danvers knew something was up and that Kara needed time so she instead worked like she wasn't there "what's up?"

"Areyouinlovewithlena!?" Kara would've said it slower but she knew Alex could hear what she was saying when she talked fast but brown eyes darted around the room panicked "w-what..?" Taking pity on her sister Kara took a deep breath "are you or are you not in love with Lena?" Alex cursed under her breath.

"Alex? Hello!" The brunette sighed nodding "how long?" Alex shrugged "about four years the day you got caught up at work about that stupid article you hated" Kara glares "you started inviting Lena out more after that were you trying to take her!?" Alex's eyes widened and he glared back "I was dating Lauren remember I'm loyal not only to my family but to anyone I've ever been involved with."

It went on back and forth anger overtaking both which led to them saying some hurtful things to each other by the end Alex threw her lab coat down and grabbed her bag storming off leaving Kara in the wrecked lab both minds on autopilot Kara flew off to the fortress and Alex to a bar neither contacting each other for a couple of days taking time to cool off.