Chapter nine

They were at a diner it was small and full of people at such a late hour but unlike the city, it was surprisingly quiet inside despite the amount of people booths and stools were full except for a few but it seemed as though anyone was welcomed to joining a family at a table it gave off a feeling of home.

"wow people are really nice here," Alex says as they sit in a booth at the back by the window "mm yeah makes me feel less guilty about moving knowing I'd be surrounded by such lovely people" The brunette feels two feet placed in her lap and smiles at Cat a hand wrapping around her ankle thumb caressing it.

"Hiya! You two are new faces! what would you like to drink?" Alex is reminded of Kara with the girls enthusiasm and beaming smile seeming curious about the two "sweet tea" Cat says smiling softly up at the girl who nods turning to Alex "coke please" with that the girl is turning away checking in with other customers on the way to the counter.

"Hmm, do you think we should go home tonight it is getting late" Cat shrugs "their hotel looked decent enough" the brunette rolls her eyes smiling "they have like three.." suddenly brown eyes light up and Alex bounces in her seat "we can go back to Midvale it's not far I could show you around we could stay with mom or..her neighbor she's like a second mom" The blonde can't fight the smile that forms on her face "sure."

Their drinks are set in front of them Alex taking a big gulp with a satisfied sigh "you don't have anything packed I have a bag at my moms for when I need to disappear whenever without needing to pack but you don't I- uh didn't think about it" the blonde grins "I have a bag in the trunk I wasn't going to go back to the city tonight anyway."

They order falling into a comfortable conversation and throughout the night they made many friends with the others there by the end Cat was tired and it was rolling towards midnight.

"Alright let's go I'll drive" Cat hands the keys over taking the offered hand leaning into the younger brunette "you're warm" she murmurs into the vigilante's shoulder "you two leaving already?" It was the flower shop owner April who seemed full of life at such a late hour.

"Yeah we got quite a drive" the woman seems a little disappointed "back to the city?" Alex shakes her head "my hometown it's a little closer and we didn't plan on going back to the city anyhow" April brightens again "so we'll see you again?" Cat peeks an eye open and smiles tiredly "if my offer goes through sooner than later."

April grins nodding "well I'll let you two go have a Goodnight!" She waves walking away and they wave back "night!"

"How long?" Cat yawns head leaning against the window as Alex turns onto the main highway checking the time "an hour and a half if the streets were with traffic but I'd say just an hour with how empty it is" Cat nods eyes closing.

————

It's almost one when they pull into the driveway Alex pulls out her key hopping out leaving a sleeping Cat who had shifted so she was almost curled in her seat she grabs Cats bag and heads towards the door.

She unlocks it throwing it to the side and goes back to the car picking Cat up bridal style the blonde nuzzling her neck fingers splayed on her chest as they walked into the house quietly her mother became a light sleeper when she was a kid and Kara came but after years of training Alex knew how to sneak into a house.

"Alex?" Blonde brows furrow and her eyes squint open "yeah?" Cat shifts to get a better view the sheets were soft making her forget how uncomfortable her shorts were "time" Alex checks her watch setting the blonde's bag down beside the bed "it's one twenty-three you want to change?"

Cat shifts a bit wiggling out of her shorts "no just give me a shirt" the brunette nods unzipping the bag and pulling out a shirt she looks at Cat brows raised "it's comfortable- and sometimes I need a reminder that you were there."