Chapter Nineteen

One Week Till The Wedding
————————————

Cat walks in front of Alex and the cart Alex came to love the way their stores were set up in the middle the grocery store and on each side were smaller stores clothes, jewelry, shoe, furniture and currently they were in the furniture store by the desk "you find a desk yet?" She whines since the blonde had been examining all the ones they came across for almost an hour.

"Mhm, and your gonna put it together," she says pointing to the one in front of them "what!? I didn't mean to break it why do I have to?" Cat only smiles "because you didn't want to cook dinner tonight," she says simply Alex huffs.

"There's no space in the cart," she says looking at the full cart they were repainting and decorating the blondes office since they were out for a new desk she wanted to change it something about the aesthetic matching the desk "go get another one the flatter one maybe," she said already looking at something else."

"You mean a moving cart?" She blinks at the woman "Lex honey I'm a CEO, not a tacky retail worker my first job was selling tickets at the fair" she sighs Alex nods "right different lives right I'm getting the cart" she says pointing behind her, and walking backward before smiling at Cat and turning away disappearing to the front of the store again.

"Do you think this would look good in the living room?" Cat says as soon as Alex gets to her after searching for the blonde who'd disappeared before she got back to the desk which sat on the cart now after some time of thinking if she should get it or go look for the blonde she decided when she found her she didn't want to have to go back.

"Cat we just got a new couch," she says the blonde shrugs "yes but it doesn't look right- you can't tell me you don't think the same" Cat was right the couch was a gift, and looked out of place she sighs this one did look like it'd match "your right" the blonde grins waving an employee over "yes ma'am?"

Two hours later they are back with a new desk some paint and two couches one for the office and one for the living room because apparently, it didn't feel right to have a free back wall.

"Do I have to set the couch up to?" Alex asks as she sets the desk down where it would be placed "no of course not I'm not cruel" the blonde says arm sliding around Alex's neck pulling her into a kiss which makes the brunette smile.

Alex has put together many things and the desk was no different just a simple wooden desk with three drawers on each side with a smaller long one in the middle Alex thought it was something you'd find in a southern home and Cat, oh Alex thinks she fits the small town living.

"Hey Lena just asked me to check on Kara it's weird because she's supposed to be back by now," Alex says walking into the kitchen with a frown Cat raises a brow "did you check on her?" Alex's frown doesn't move "I tried I've texted and called no answer J'onn doesn't know where she is he's looking but nothing."

Cat turns the stove off turning to Alex "do you want to go to the city? Help them look?" Alex shakes her head "no..if they need me they'll call" she says after a moments thought "good set the table" Alex narrows her eyes "I am just your personal maid today aren't I?" Cat chuckles "you don't exactly say no."

Usually, after dinner they are in the living room watching tv or them talking sometimes Cat would introduce Alex to a new game she found on her iPad and soon they'd spend some hours playing together half the time Cat in Alex's lap but tonight it was different.

"You want to go for a walk?" The older woman asks and Alex nods "yes we have nothing to do in the morning and we haven't really taken the time to see the town's nightlife I mean if we're gonna live here we have to go out and meet people we don't during the day and April may or may not have told me about an event going on tonight."

Alex was right reaching the center of town there were tents and lights the smell of pastries were in the air and at each tent was a different dessert "they do this every year in September since not much happens they made their own holiday each year it's different sometimes they have concerts or talent shows cookouts bake offs and a lot more so I've read."

Cat walks silently beside her with a fond smile "you know when you said if we were going to be living here earlier I thought you made a mistake but hearing you now...I think you actually live here it's not like you go back to the city most days you drive there just because you wanted to be with me the night before" she slides her hand into Alex's tangling their fingers.

Alex flushed a bit "oh..yeah I mean I do like it here the town the job the house being with you I forget I don't live with you" she laughs nervously not looking at Cat the blonde stops which prompts Alex to "you don't have to forget" she says softly.

Alex felt like the breath was knocked out of her and a crooked grin finds its way onto her face "Catherine Jane Grant are you asking me to move in with you?" The woman's cheeks puff a bit looking away "well when you put it like that.." she mutters.

"So I'm moving in?" She turns fully to Cat "your moving in" Cat confirms then Alex grins and Cat returns it "Cat.." the brunette steps closer and the sheer idea of what Alex might say next makes the blonde's heart pound in her ears "I know it's been short months but they've been really great and-"

"Alex, Cat!" A familiar voice cuts in their eyes turn to where it came from finding April and Chad they smile at them but Cat can't help but wish they'd come a few minutes later because she knew just to finish hearing Alex's confession would've done her in she looks at the brunette who flashes a grin it's only a bit nervous and the blonde smiles "so! We run this tent!" They look back to April and Chad.