Chapter Eighteen

"So Danvers is this a moving in together thing or too early?" Chad asks "I could if I wanted I'm sure but it's a bit too early for that" she responds glancing at Cat who talks with some other people they'd met in the town and quickly became friends with.

"How slow? I mean it's like you two have been together for years not months" Alex hums "I know we've been told" the brunette snorts "maybe in a few more months" she says as she sees Lena arrive with Andrea and Nia who'd been waiting for them outside J'onn comes in a few minutes after.

She waves them over grinning "where's the alcohol?" Andrea questions Alex rolls her eyes "we have wine and margaritas other than that nothing but sodas tea and water" Lena sighs "I guess wine will do for now- Andrea" she waves her away the woman rolls her eyes "yes ma'am" she says sarcastically.

"This is Chad," she says to the man behind her he waves holding out a hand "Chad Lena, and J'onn" they shake his hand "nice to meet you heard a lot" they nod "can't say I've heard a lot but I've heard," Lena says with a smile making the man chuckle "I believe you."

Nia looks around the sea of people "where's Cat?" She asks looking back to Alex who seemed to be about to walk off "oh she's over there by the window" Nia sets off not thinking about how quickly Alex spots her "were you watching her?" Lena's amused voice follows Alex as she's led to the food table "yup."

As the night wore on Alex saw the way Cat's genuine smiles turn more and more annoyed she grins knowing she wanted nothing more than to curl up with a book at this moment "alright! Look it was fun having you all over but I do recall you all have jobs to go to in the morning!" She jokes and the guest smile laughing and chuckling "and we hope you won't be strangers but I'm afraid if you stay any longer she just might burn the house down" she sees Cat rolls her eyes as everyone laughs but starts dispersing giving goodbyes and congratulations to Cat.

The blonde makes quick and precise steps toward Alex letting her arm slide over her shoulder and around her neck "thank you Alex" she says softly kissing her cheek and the grin that spreads across the agent's face is worth it "anything for you Cat" she says arms wrapping around her waist pulling her closer.

When Lena J'onn and Nia come over a few minutes later the two barely notice "you know I think you're both turning soft" Nia grins she hadn't known the blond long but the stories that were told had been true when she got there so she didn't doubt but now she wonders how a woman being so soft and sweet could ever be intimidating.

"that won't leave this house will it?" She asks with only a little bite Nia salutes playfully "course not!" She gets a smile J'onn pats Alex on the shoulder "when you move sell the apartment first" she glares "what apartment?" He chuckles "the one you barely use" Lena grins "so is it really an apartment?" The cheeky grin Alex gives makes the man chuckle "I suppose your right."

In the end, it's another hour till the three leave and Cat tugs Alex into the bedroom "hey look it's only been a few months if you're ready I mean I'm ready" she jokes and Cat smacks her arm "shut it Skully" the blonde has a smile on her face though eyes gleaming with what Alex is sure is happiness.

"I have to be up early if I'm making it to National city on time," she says kissing Cat's cheek holding her close as they stand in the doorway of the bedroom "I don't mind" is murmured before turning her head to kiss the brunette softly "as long as your here tonight- and back before dinner" Alex laughs softly "always Kit Kat."

Alex strolls into the tower with a coffee the glare that tugged on her features had been there since she had to leave Cat's arms but you wouldn't know "hey! You came home last night?" Nia asks she shakes her head "no" the smirk that pulls onto Lena's face makes Alex groan "I wasn't going to say anything Al" she says not looking up from the tablet she's on.

"You drove at least three hours Alex?" She nods "she wanted me to stay and I wasn't planning to go back to the apartment" she shrugs "you should've been late," J'onn says as a matter of factly "well I'm never late- on weekdays except Friday but it's not that day so I sped" she shrugs Lena shakes her head laughing silently Nia grins J'onn rolls his eyes with a small smile.

"Lena have you heard from Kara?" J'onn asks no one sees it but she flinches finger stopping it's swiping for a split second she shakes her head "no I haven't nor do I think I want to" Alex raises a brow as an offer to talk later she shakes her head again focusing on her screen.

"Alex?" He tries she shakes her head "nothing" he watches an unknown look that flashes in her eyes it's gone as quick as it came and he wonders if bridges have been burned that don't want to get rebuilt he shoves it down and sighs.

***********

Alex strolls into the kitchen in a different pair of clothes she had on when she left since she had actual work at the mechanic's Hanks Mechanics at the end of the other small stores was the garage and at least a two minute walk to Aprils.

Cat's nose wrinkles and she turns "nuh uh shower now Skully" Alex groans "can I at least get a beer?" She whines Cat sighs "fine" a kiss is pressed to her cheek and the fridge opens and Alex's footsteps get further and further away.

Alex pictures her moving in her boots by the door coat thrown onto the back of the couch as she grabs a beer kissing Cat as a greeting chilling on the couch watching tv or hugging Cat from behind as she's cooking Alex doesn't think about if she offered to help the woman cook it'd end in chaos and she's sure Cat would banish her to the couch that night.

"You were in there for quite a while everything okay?" She nods "just thinking" Cat sets a plate in front of her with a fork she looks at Cat quizzically as she sits beside her "what's this?" She sticks her fork in it with a pout "shepherds pie it's mostly meat darling you'll like it" Alex's pout deepens but she does with a hum Cat watches her shovel forkfuls into her mouth.

"Darling it's not going anywhere- actually I got a gift from our neighbor's strawberry shortcake the one you finished in twenty minutes" Alex perks up it's true she's finished the whole cake in twenty minutes and went to buy another one.

"Really?" The blonde nods and before she can think about anything else her eyes are drawn to the fridge "what's that?" She motions to the new photo hanging from it Alex has never seen but remembers the day "April gave it to me."

The picture consisted of April and Alex at the flower shop most likely during the brunette's lunch break the two are supposed to be watering the flowers in the back but instead, their hosing down a muddy Chad barely containing their smiles and from the distance you know someone else took the photo.

"Are we putting more up there?" She curiously asks Cat takes a moment "do you want to?" Alex nods "yeah! We could be one of those families that hang our kid's pictures on the fridge you know?" Excitement clear and Cat freezes for a moment before smiling.

"One of those families?" She teases "I-I mean if you want! Do you even want kids? I mean you never seemed like the kids type- are you even looking that far I'm sorry I assumed I was-"

She lets out a surprised squeak as Cat kisses her cutting her rambling off the older woman's hands cupping her cheeks firmly.

"Your thinking too hard...and yes I've thought about a future with you many times but I think the first step is you moving in with me then we'll think about the rest okay?" Alex nods Cat's thumbs caress her cheeks waiting for the searching gaze to settle and when they do they fill with adoration Cat smiles softly "okay.." she breathes pulling Cat into another kiss.