Chapter eleven

Three months till the wedding
______________

"Your back!" Kara hugs Alex grinning and the brunette smiles they'd stayed longer than expected but Cat had to go back to work and finish some paperwork and meetings at some point.

"Mhm...you get a haircut?" the blonde nods it was barely noticeable but Alex knew every little detail and the shoulder length hair hardly reached the heroine's shoulders now.

"Yeah I uh kinda got some stuff stuck in it and had to trim it a bit but I like it! Do you?" Alex was gonna admit her sister looked great with bangs "mhm" she nods eyes bouncing on the many food options they had she tugs Kara towards the burger place.

Kara frowns as she smells a familiar scent of Cat's usual perfume it was subtle and nothing more than vanilla but the blonde felt jealousy welling up "hey where were you before we met up?" If she was being honest she'd been hurt that the two disappeared without a trace for weeks and she only got a text that said 'visiting mom.'

She wants to say that's when the envy started but she'd be lying it started when she learned the two became more familiar with each other when it meant she wasn't there to try and convince them to talk instead they did pretty fine without her and she was angry at Alex? Yes at herself? Yes.

"With Cat why?" Alex slides into one of the booths in the corner like she usually does and Kara sits across shaking her head with a light smile or what she hopes is one "you just smell like her is all" the brunette hums "yeah real cuddly" was the off-handed comment she got back and she tenses.

"What?" Alex raises a brow at the gravely response "I-I mean can you blame me? Cat Grant a big cuddler? It's a surprise" she quickly adds and Alex nods slowly "I guess- Kara the table" blue eyes widen at the cracking table she pulls away quickly shaking the image of Cat wrapped in Alex's arms.

LENA! YOU IDIOT YOU HAVE A FIANCÉ!

She's mentally scolding herself she doesn't notice a waiter come over asking if they're ready to order with their drinks but Alex orders for her not seeming worried about the blonde at the time until the boy walks away.

"Kara?" Blue orbs cloud with emotion as she blinks repeatedly before meeting Alex's soft concerned brown "Hmm" she shifts foot tapping quietly as her mind races "you okay?" She nods "great I just remembered it's been ages since we've had a sister's night."

She knows Alex doesn't let it go just files it away for later letting her change the subject "yeah your right I'm free tonight if you are" Alex shrugs "no Cat tonight?" She teases or tries but Alex chuckles shaking her head "working late I'll see her for breakfast tomorrow made a promise."

The blonde wants to say something but their drinks are set in front of them and swallows half of the drink quickly as the waiter walks away saying something about their food she doesn't hear but Alex nods brows creased as she watched her sister "you sure you're okay?" The heroine nods quickly "fine...just great Alex."

"And not full of conflict definitely not questioning my whole life right now NOPE!" Kara sighs internally.

"Hey sorry again about disappearing it was a spur of the moment thing how were things while I was gone?" Kara grins bouncing a bit "me and Lena moved into our new home and she's been really stressed about the wedding so she's at home relaxing.

Alex gives a low whistle "you sure about that sis?" The blonde's brows furrowed and she nods slowly "yeah she texted me five minutes ago...see she's at home" the brunette hums nodding "sorry for doubting you then."

Kara shrugs hugging Alex kissing her cheek "gotta go! Duty calls see you tonight?" Alex nods and Kara zooms off after a few minutes Alex looks over the text Lena sent her two minutes ago 'Lab now bored' with a string of bored emojis she was gonna speak up about it to Kara but the blonde looked pleased Lena was home taking a break so she kept her mouth shut.