Chapter Fifteen

Lena didn't want to make it an argument but how was she supposed to feel when her fiancé tells her she doubts she loves her and gets jealous of other women it hurt she hadn't meant to but it hurt.

"Kara.." she sighs out the blonde looks up "Alex was right you should go stay somewhere I don't know where or do I care at this moment but you are going to get out of my sight and you'll leave in the morning because I'll be damned if I marry someone who's thinking I'm not the one I love you but Kara I swear.."

The blonde nods "I'm..sorry" Lena shakes her head "go" the blonde hesitates but turns to leave "we-we'll talk before I leave right?" Lena turns away feeling uneasy "I'll try Kara" the heroine's shoulders drop as she makes her way to their bedroom to start packing she didn't want to prolong anything.

Lena runs her fingers through her hair she stands for a long second resisting the urge to cry picking up her phone with a sigh she presses on a familiar contact hesitantly "Andrea..hey."

The woman's apartment is small and dark the tv on low playing some hallmark movie she takes the offered glass of wine "thanks.." she murmurs and Andrea gives her a soft smile "what's on your mind? I'm not complaining since we've barely talked since I've been back but I can hear the gears turning Lena."

The brunette tucks her feet under her after sliding her shoes off turning to get comfortable "I'm not exactly angry at Kara but I'm.." she makes a face searching for the word "frustrated?" She nods drinking her wine "is everything okay?" She shrugs "I-...I don't know I get it people have cold feet..but to actually get jealous of someone for being with someone you think your still in love with when you're getting married in what feels like days..I-"

Lena bites her lip she'd been trying so hard to keep the tears at bay but now all the sudden insecurities bubbling up makes a pit in her stomach "I couldn't help but realize that she could leave me for someone else on our wedding day if she realizes she's not in love with me..Drea you know how I get with these sorts of things."

Andrea tugs the brunette into her arms "you hold it in before lashing out and closing yourself off from everyone else overthinking it more than needed and soon your leaving yet another city.." Lena sniffles finally letting the tears fall she feels the wine glass taken from her and wraps her now free hand around Andreas's arm.

"You know what hurts the most?" Andrea looks down at the woman in her lap it was muffled and she felt her heart squeeze painfully at the look on Lena's face "she told me she's been thinking about her during sex and I froze she's been watching her more and seems to forget that she's not as subtle as she thinks because it hurts finding your fiancé staring at another woman with a lovesick smile.."

"Lena I-I'm sorry! I heard her voice and suddenly she was on my mind and I..I saw her suddenly you were Cat and...I regretted it immediately" Lena scoffs "you still did it, Kara! Tell me is this the first time?" The blonde doesn't answer "Kara. Is. It. The. First. Time?" The blonde's head drops "no.." Lena turns swiftly walking out.

"We had a fight a month or two back when she had called out Cats name instead of mine and I was confused thinking maybe the woman was in trouble but Kara didn't move and I was quick to ask her about it she hadn't realized she said Cats name at first and she looked so guilty but-but I was pissed off we look NOTHING alike after that I was cautious of sex but we fell into it frequently again and it happened again and I couldn't take it I barley talked to her about it trying to process it then she told me this- GAH!"

Lena screams angrily into Andreas neck the woman holds her close as she sobs "its okay carino.." she murmurs into the woman's hair rubbing her back "it'll be okay she loves you I know she does anyone can see it and if she does love Cat we know that woman's heart is with someone else right now and I'm pretty sure Danvers would kick her ass along with me for hurting you so it's gonna be okay.."

—————

Lena sighs dropping her keys on the counter "Lena.." she looks up to Kara with a duffel bag over her shoulder in her suit "I..I didn't think you'd be back before I left" she offers a nervous smile and Lena gives a half one back.

"Kara listen" the blonde tenses "I love you okay and I think we need the space did it have to involve all this? No, but it does and we'll work on it for now focus on you okay? I'll be fine" Kara nods relaxing she smiles softly and Lena returns it genuinely she kisses the blonde's cheek "go it's getting late and I need sleep."

Lena watches the blonde take off after some hesitation and she sighs "it's going to be a long week" she heads for the bathroom needing a long overdue shower.

She had one place in mind it was a place she and Alex use to go whenever Eliza would have one of her episodes just hours away a beach both of them usually did a lot of thinking alone there it seemed she'd be doing it a lot and hopefully she's still gonna get married to Lena Rao she doesn't know what she'd do if Lena left her but then again she brought it on herself and she'd be damned if she wasn't going to fix it.

There's a beach house small blue and a white enclosed porch with lots of plants a small patio with two beach chairs and a table with two chairs there's also Alex's orange surfboard leaning against the front of it Kara was surprised Alex picked it out it had been so colorful the kitchen was mostly blue and white with a little black.

She sets her things down in the room making her way to the enclosed porch that has green wooden floors and steps she spied Alex's books by the doors of it she grabs one with a sigh you could hear families laughing outside playing music kids splashing in the water under the stars she finds she hates that sound of happy at the moment.

The blonde looks out the window a football flies by in the moonlight and Kara can see herself and Lena having a beach house coming every summer with the gang happily married with kids-

BZZZ! BZZZ!

She startles looking around in confusion when the sound goes again it's her phone she picks it up finding it was Eliza who sent a text to her and Alex.

'Coming to town early see you next Friday' 

She freezes rereading it "oh Rao" she sighs this was great everything was great she doesn't even think she could sleep tonight "I need some coffee" she grumbles going to rummage through the cabinets till she found Alex's coffee box knowing the woman replaced the empty one when she had the chance not too long ago.